New to Droidom

Belisarius

Reaction score
Hello all.

I stumbled across this site while researching a few things and decided to join after return visits. I mean how else can I get better info, err waste more of your time, then by being a member?

Anyways, this is my second android smartphone, the 1st was an HTC thunderbolt, and I miss the HTC sense widget already.

A couple questions..

I previously purchased Tasker but it now looks like Motorola smart actions can cover a bunch of that (auto connect wifi at locations).
What are people's thoughts on using gps or Verizon location service for position in determination?
Relevance or paranoia about privacy?

How about thoughts on forum apps? I mean I can go without but have been in a few places and seen comments or posts with sig about one forum app that appears popular, I forgot the name.

Video conversion. Is a regular conversion to H264 1080 x 720 all I need? I think it is AVS video converter that I have which has a few defaults for droid phones with that setting.

Thanks....

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I don't have all the answers for you but I will get you started in the right direction hopefully.

I have not used Verizon's location service, only GPS/Google Maps, and have had good luck with it.

There is a free app for this forum (just search "DroidForums" in the Play Store). You can also use Tapatalk which is paid but it can link up to multiple forums which is nice because then you only need to use one app, not many.

The video question I am not sure about.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to DF :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! We are happy to have ya with us!