New to droidforums

intense

Reaction score
Hi, I've been browsing this site for about a month now and figured I should sign up. Thanks to whoever created it as there's a lot of good information on here. Having said that, I'm currently using an iPhone 3G but I'm looking to switch back to Verizon and get the droid.

I'm not here to bash the iPhone in anyway but there's some things that bother me:

• No multitasking.
  • No time stamps on every text message.
  • Slow when switching between apps.
  • Bored due to the lack of customization, don't want to jailbreak for security reasons.
  • AT&T network. (I drop a lot of calls and have problem sending text messages to Sprint users)
My only hesitation to picking up the droid is the keyboard, I'm a huge fan of touchscreen keyboards. Therefore I'd probably very rarely use the actual keyboard. But I'm still researching that to decide what I think. Hopefully the touchscreen keyboard is somewhat comparable to the iPhone. But, having verizon again has a lot of bonuses. So I'll have to see what I decide. Anyway, I hope nobody minds that I have an iPhone and am active here. Thanks!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The iPhone is certainly no slouch, it's a great device and the Droid does offer some excellent customization options that you cannot find with the iPhone (unless jailbreaking, which doesn't seem like an option for you).

Supposedly the next iteration of the iPhone will have multi-tasking but there is nothing to support that just yet. It's probably safe to say it will but one never knows.

I think what separates the 2 is what I think is the most important. The network. VZW is excellent.

Nobody minds if you have an iPhone here : ) matter of fact there are a lot of former iPhone users here already. So they will be able to help you make the transition easier if you so decide. Ask them questions they are very helpful.

Good luck with your choice intense. The Droid is an EXCELLENT device and if you do choose it you will not be disappointed.

Welcome aboard intense.....

OP
I

intense

Reaction score
thanks cereal killer, glad to be here. And you bring up some good points. The next iteration of the iPhone may include options for multitasking but I still think the customization will be lacking. Unless iPhone OS 4.0 (which I'm assuming will be released with the next iteration of iPhone) includes a more open OS, but I doubt Apple will allow that as they like control.

Most likely I'll be a new droid user, but for now just going to familiarize myself with the device and see if I like it. Thanks again and maybe I can provide some information for those who are considering whether to go for the iPhone or Droid.