New to droid

Ouchmyfoot

Reaction score
Well. Soon. Thinking about going to the gs3. I have an upgrade in a couple of days and I have an iPhone now. I just want to try something different. Curious about some good apps to have. Especially regarding music. Thanks! Also what does it mean to have a rooted phone?

OP
O

Ouchmyfoot

Reaction score
Scratch the root question! Read the sticky. I won't be doing that lol

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Welcome to the site and to Android. First, IMHO Poweramp is one of the best music players. That's what I use. There are other good ones out there too. Just be sure to read the reviews. Rooting a phone is the same as jailbreaking. An iphone you jailbreak an Android you root. However you'll find that you can do so much more to an Android than to an iphone without rooting. If you look into home launchers the options you'll have compared to an iphone will blow your mind. The best thing about an Android is that you can make the phone YOUR phone. The number of home screens, what you want on those home screens, widgets (you're going to love them), change icons, live wallpaper, the way screens transition, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. And the best part is you DON'T need to root to do any of this. Some things require a home launcher app but they are free and so are many themes. Again, welcome to the world of Android and to the world of your phone set up your way.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I should add that if you want to see what you can do to your phone as far as customizing your home screen goes check out the screen shot thread in the Droid General Discussion section.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
O

Ouchmyfoot

Reaction score
Well you seem like a wealth of information. Lol. Thank you ! I'm 99% set on the gs3. Ent be surprised if you get HELP Pm's from me haha. I'm going to check that thread

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Ouchmyfoot said:
Well you seem like a wealth of information. Lol. Thank you ! I'm 99% set on the gs3. Ent be surprised if you get HELP Pm's from me haha. I'm going to check that thread

Thanks for the compliment but this site is full of people who love to help out. That is what makes it great. And a lot of them are far more knowledgeable than me. But feel free to pm me anytime and I'll do my best to help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I can see you already met one of our members, stick around and have a good time :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard :)

OP
O

Ouchmyfoot

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I looked at that thread and my brain exploded. How the hell do I get that !? Lol

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Ouchmyfoot said:
Thanks guys. I looked at that thread and my brain exploded. How the hell do I get that !? Lol

Many of those set ups are just a home launcher with a theme and a clock widget and maybe custom wallpaper. Others are rooted phones with various customizing options. For me I usually use Go Launcher home launcher. I pick a wallpaper then find a theme with some icons I like and finally pick out a nice clock widget that matches whatever look I'm going for. I change my phone up every few weeks. It can become addictive.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!