1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

new to droid ?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by b p, Jun 29, 2011.

1. b p

b p New Member

hey gang....please bear with me as i have used the search key to not much avail.
    i saw a thread that touched on using dvdfab8 for burning dvd's to my charge. i downloaded the program to my laptop and works great if i want to watch the movies on the laptop. however i can bring it up on my video player on the charge,then get an error message stating "unable to play video".not sure if i need to download an additional app for this or maybe my settings indvdfab are wrong.

any input would be helpful, particularly if i can get the proper settings for the droid. i have been converting to mp4 files.
    the other question i have is regarding the display. it seems to go for a short time before going to sleep ( 20 SECONDS OR SO) before i have to unlock again. can this be changed without rooting ?
    thanks for any input ....
    bp
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i dont know for sure but i would try a movie player from the market, maybe the mp4 isnt supported directly.

settings/display settings/screen time out, to change the screen time out.
  3. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

Honestly, with the 32 gig memory card, I've had problems playing music. So I think this is the same problem. I just reset my phone and it fixes it. But I used my old 16 gig and it works fine. Don't really get it

Sent from my droid charge
  4. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

possibly its the pos class 2 chip most come with.
    just changing from the 2 to a 4 (sandisk) i noticed a big all around improvement.