new to droid ?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by b p, Jun 29, 2011.

1. b p

b p New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey gang....please bear with me as i have used the search key to not much avail.
    i saw a thread that touched on using dvdfab8 for burning dvd's to my charge. i downloaded the program to my laptop and works great if i want to watch the movies on the laptop. however i can bring it up on my video player on the charge,then get an error message stating "unable to play video".not sure if i need to download an additional app for this or maybe my settings indvdfab are wrong.

any input would be helpful, particularly if i can get the proper settings for the droid. i have been converting to mp4 files.
    the other question i have is regarding the display. it seems to go for a short time before going to sleep ( 20 SECONDS OR SO) before i have to unlock again. can this be changed without rooting ?
    thanks for any input ....
    bp

2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i dont know for sure but i would try a movie player from the market, maybe the mp4 isnt supported directly.

settings/display settings/screen time out, to change the screen time out.

3. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, with the 32 gig memory card, I've had problems playing music. So I think this is the same problem. I just reset my phone and it fixes it. But I used my old 16 gig and it works fine. Don't really get it

Sent from my droid charge

4. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    possibly its the pos class 2 chip most come with.
    just changing from the 2 to a 4 (sandisk) i noticed a big all around improvement.