new to droid x

EvilGST

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my Droid x from a friend to replace my og droid. I instantly rooted it and installed liberty Rom the current version. However. I noticed that my og Droid gets 18mflops and the x only 15mflops does the Droid x have faster kernels or what? Thanks.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
X has better CPU for high load. Much faster phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E

EvilGST

Reaction score
I understand that, what I was trying to ask was how do I go over the stock 1ghz?

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Hah my bad. U can use the overclocker in the toolbox or use android overclocker or setcpu. Those seem to be the best ones that I've heard of. 1.2ghz undervoltage seems to work the best for me. U can play around with what works for you and the battery life u need. But after 10 min of usage the back bottom where the CPU is gets over 100+ degrees.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

xpbr2000

Reaction score
I've overclocked stable @ 1.3 GHz and 1.35 GHz. but the only improvements i saw were in the launcher. it was smoother and app picked quicker. other than that the FPS didn't increase but 3 FPS and all the other benchmark tests shown very little improvement. on the downside any apps that required maximum cpu (ie. HD video recording) would lock up and reboot my phone. which was a deal breaker for me. even @ 1.2 and 1.1 the camcorder still cannot be stable. This is only on mine. others may have better results. i have returned to stock 1.0GHz

OP
E

EvilGST

Reaction score
My problem is the Max I can go is one ghz the slider wont go further than that how do I push it further

OP
E

EvilGST

Reaction score
I didn't know I needed an app for it as I'm use to doing it via kernels. Thanks guys!