New to Droid...which Apps should I get

jensawyerbutler

Reaction score
Hi. I have a nook color which my husband has rooted to a full droid tablet but now I am getting a droid x and need to know what apps I should get...picture taking, games, etc....

Please give me your opinion! Thanks!!

Jen

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I'd suggest that you go to the Market, perhaps on your computer for easier navigation and reading, start with the free apps, select what you might like, read the user reviews and stick with ones that are rated 4 or better. The newest reviews are important because they reflect the latest upgrades. Go to the Amazon Market; they have a different app for free each day that normally costs $1 to $5.
For starters, if I had a DX, the first app I'd install is SwiftKey, which has an uncanny way of predicting what you will type next (after it 'learns' what you normally type) and saves you a lot of keystrokes. Of all the weather apps, I like The Weather Channel best. I like GOSMS Pro for texting more than Handcent or the native texting app. ColorNote is an easy app for making lists and jotting things down. Ringdroid is a neat app for making custom ringtones. It's easy to uninstall an app you don't like.

davidwilp

Reaction score
Fairly new myself. What I did instead saying I have to load up on cool apps id wait till I had a need for something. Or said to myself, I wish I could do ??? on my phone. Then searched online (here and google) and found apps for it. Then searched here and read other reviews online and chose the one I thought was best.

Here is a link to a short review of some of the few apps I have downloaded in the last week or so I have had my phone and found useful. Hope this helps you.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ng-missed-reminder-rings-extended-i-like.html

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I agree that it is easier to browse on the computer through apps. I love beautiful widgets and also handscent for text messaging and stuff.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did search....but for a newbe this forum is hard to navigate
What exactly did you search for? Searching's not difficult. It's possible you're using the wrong keywords. There are countless "recommended", "top" and "best" apps threads for you to refer to.

Personally, I just read this subforum.