1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to droid life have ?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by thrasher6143, Jul 19, 2010.

1. thrasher6143

thrasher6143 New Member

So my wife just got the droid eris and I have been reading up on rooting? So which version of 2.1 does she have? I woiuld assume it's not leaked since it came out of the box that way.
  2. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

Her Eris has the standard 2.1, the only way she would have something different is if you flashed a new rom onto it manually.
  3. him

him New Member

Hurry and get something else before its too late. Maybe incredible.
  4. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

:greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid:
    why?
  5. him

him New Member

Just more horsepower. No need to get into the game on an outdated phone. I think they can be had for what you paid for the eris or they may even have a buy one get one.
  6. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

I don't think the average user cares about "horsepower" I got the Eris because it was cheaper then the moto droid lol
  7. him

him New Member

yeah my boss was the same way...bought the droid cause it was cheap vs getting the X. didnt know incredibles were still selling for 200 bucks. Just wanted you to be able to get the new stuff like froyo and flash when they come out. Dont know if eris is slated for the upgrade.
  8. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

I've heard that it isn't however there are a few roms out already that run Froyo.
  9. christim

christim Super Moderator

I don't want to come across as someone knocking someone else's purchase, but because purchase price came up I felt compelled to write. The Eris is a fine phone, lots of people have them. Everyone has their own needs and preferences. If you compared phones and the main reason was price then visit Amazon. At the time I am writing this the droid can be had for a $0.01 (a penny) if you get a 2 year contract.

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID A855 Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones &…

The phone is highly customizable with numerous developers creating alternative roms, themes, and kernels for the phone.

I believe the restocking fee for your purchase would be 35 bucks.

Either way, welcome to the forums here. Plenty of good information and help here.

edit: And the person I responded to...wasn't the op. doh.[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  10. him

him New Member

Yeah but how's the performance on those roms? I figure if its working for you though than its kool. I know i'm very impatient when it comes to my gadgets. After play with an incredible my droid started to frustrate me. But that's just me.

I just got my wife onto android and she likes it. Just have to sell her iphone to put her all in.
  11. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

I havn't used them myself but from what I've read they are still very buggy and are working out the bugs. Right now I run Sense-able 2.1 and it runs very smooth and is rock solid. (no FC) I'm not really interested in Froya except flash would be nice.
  12. christim

christim Super Moderator

ahh, there's the original poster:)

My phone is overclocked from the stock 550 mhz. It is running at 1gz and has been for months. I'm running Android 2.2 on the phone, prior to the official release for the moto-droid. I do not know the release schedule of 2.2 for your phone, nor which roms are out for it but I am sure someone here does. But even stock, the droid does have more horsepower. Some don't care for the size and physical keyboard. For me I seldom use the keyboard and the phone fits in my pocket so that is no bother.

Either way, she's got plenty of cool apps to try out and play with. She should have no problem falling in love with Android.
  13. him

him New Member

Not the original poster, but she is liking how tied in and and functional the phone is. Its on froyo but not overclocked. I kept having issues while over clocking so i left it alone.
  14. christim

christim Super Moderator

Mot all chips are the same, so while someone else might be able to overclock others might not be able to. You could try a slower clockspeed, but if it works then sometimes it isn't worth the hassle.
  15. thrasher6143

thrasher6143 New Member

hey Im the op actually and she likes it so far!! was gonna use unrevoked but cant get it to work right now. so here is the million (or billion) dollar question today. I am going from crapple to droid on the 29th and well it's either the incredible or the X? It was the X for sure but now with all this stuff with the lockdown Im not sure i want it BTW not new to this unlocking/roting/jailbreaking just unfamiliar with the android system.

and thank you everyone for your replys
  16. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

Lockdown? can you explain?
  17. thrasher6143

thrasher6143 New Member

droid x is signed and pretty much locked down... from everything I've read and I wanted X for root and freedom and its sweet screen and camera but ive seen nothing but garbage since the 15th. Moto has crushed my spirits and HTC sold there wonder to sprint. wish I could build my own phone!
  18. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

as far as the lockdown is concerned, nothing is 100% full proof. If indeed the X has this lockdown feature, someone will crack it. Modders thrive off of these challenges lol its just a matter of time. Also one thing to consider is that with any new phone that comes out, there will be bugs and problems that take time to fix.
  19. thrasher6143

thrasher6143 New Member

like I said i have till the 29th to decide on the incredible or the x. hopefully some breakthroughs in the next nine days will help me
  20. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

Yeah once the orders start shipping I'm sure there will be detailed info on this lockdown stuff and how long it will take to bypass.