New to Droid Forum

I <3 twins

Reaction score
Hey Droid Forum world,

Just got my droid about 2 months ago and I am loving it. I love my droid so much I made my girl get rid of her IPhone and get a droid too!

I am having a small problem with my clockworkmod and if anyone can help me fix it it's you guys! hahaha

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I've not used Clockwork but someone in the forum or Rescue Squad will help.

What problem are you having?

Mike

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What problems/issues/questions are you having with clockwork

OP
I

I <3 twins

Reaction score
Well its a small problem but it bugs me. I installed DM updater and installed droid mod and rooted my phone that way. Then I installed rom manager and installed clockwork but Something happened and now my rom manager, DM updater and set cpu dont work. My terminal emulator says i dont have permission and my set cpu says my phone is not rooted but I have the superuser permissions ninja.
The problem I am having right now is that the power button doesn't turn my screen off. I have to wait for the screen to time out before the screen turns off everytime.
I dont really know what to do now

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I apologize for being slow to respond. Something could have broke your root

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
click the su app and see if you have any + or mnuses in there. Then try to see if you can open rom manager again.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
was you having problems with the power button before or after rooting,

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do not know if I am having problems with my server or it is the forum page. I am going to try to try a trouble shooting guide just incase you feel asleep. I do not blame you I could not load up my page for an hour so you may have thought I was ignoring you.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Step 1) click on the su ninja icon and click all the plus and minuses. if you are able to do go to step 2 if not go to step 3

2) click on rom manager and see if you are able to access it now. If so flash sprecovery then install a nandroid backup. See step 3 if you are unable to access rom manager. See step 3b if you are able to.

3) In order to reboot we will have to remove you battery, put it back in and power on while hold the physical x key. Once in recovery you will have the clockwork recovery:

main.png
directory.png

Once in rom manager you will have the option to mount sdcard.
-Plug you phone into your computer. You want to mount then click on usb mass storage. Once in there you will have access to your sdcard.
-We will install another rom using the update.zip method. You will do this by loading this rom on to your computer (Download Links: (Instructions Below)
Ultimate Droid 9.0.0 Update.zip (Updated - can be used with both SPRecovery AND ROM Manager)) rename it update.zip (if you running windows 7 just name it update)
- and place it on the root of your sd card which means it don't go into any folder.
- unmount sdcard.
- Click apply sdcard update.zip
- if successful you want to then click wipe data/factory reset.

3b) If you are able to get into sprecovery then restore simple nandroid backup latest
follow this from rootyourdroid:
hr.png

Step 3: Perform Restore
Navigate to the “backup/restore” menu until you see the 4 Nandroid options. This time we will select “Simple Nandroid restore (latest)”.
backup_5.png

Once again the process is completely automatic. Just like in the backup, you will see a progress bar and informative text. After a few minutes, the restore process will be complete. You will see “(done)” towards the bottom.
Using “Simple Nandroid restore (latest)” is useful if you simply want to return to your most recent backup. However, if you want to restore to a specific backup out of a group, you will need to select “Advanced Nandroid restore”. The first menu option is “Choose backup”; select this.
backup_6.png

You will now be presented with a list of your backups. If you’ve only made one, it will be the only option. Select the backup you’d like to revert to.
backup_7.png

It will take you back to the previous menu where you can select and deselect certain areas of the backup to restore. You will also see the chosen backup displayed on the top. Keep the default options of BOOT, DATA, and SYSTEM checked and select “Perform Restore”.
backup_8.png

After a few minutes, the backup process will be complete. You will see “(done)” towards the bottom. You have now successfully restored your Droid’s system. When you are ready, press power until you back out to the main SPRecovery menu. Select “reboot system now” to reboot and finish loading your backup. Hopefully you won’t ever need to use this, but if you do, it’s a lifesaver that could help avoid frustration.

- Reboot system.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
I

I <3 twins

Reaction score
I didnt realize you guys responded so fast haha The other forums i am use to the people take a while to reply. Thank you

OP
I

I <3 twins

Reaction score
So i turned off my phone and turned it back on holding the X button. This is what I see
-Reboot system
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-nandroid
-partitions menu
-advance

if I go to nandroid i see;
-backup
-restore
-advance restore