New to Droid & forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by HotRodGyrl, Feb 18, 2010.

1. HotRodGyrl

HotRodGyrl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey just got my Droid yesterday. Still trying to figure it out and see IF I want to keep it. The speed is amazing, the battery not so much. I'm a BAD mltitasker and WILL drain a battery in a heartbeat..lol

As for now, I'm just trying to figure out HOW I can make the screen turn in landscape mode without opening then closing the keyboard. I like the onscreen keyboard...:)

:motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    :welcome: to the Droid Forums. Are you talking about your home screen in landscape without opening the drawer? Can't be done if that's what you're talking about I think you can do that with Launcher or Home ++. Those are apps you can get from the Market.

3. kaboyd

kaboyd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome. If you need to find tips on anything Droid related it's in here. Enjoy your search...

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! Once you get used to and hooked on your Droid I truly doubt you will return.
    It is an amazing device. Take some time and search and read. You will not be disappointed.

Mike

5. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you like it so far. The battery is never really an issue for me since i am around a computer or an outlet all day long. I came from an LG voyager, and let me tell you... I would never go back.. even if you paid me. I had given the phone to my friend because it was an upgrade to what he was using prior. I went to use the phone on day to look at one of his contacts, and i could barely remember how to use it.

6. HotRodGyrl

HotRodGyrl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you everyoe for the great welcome. I am a tech geek and love technology. I previously had a BB Curve that I had for the longest time (the contract time). Before that, I was changing phone every few months paying the actual cost and wasting SO much money lol

It was between this and another BB (mostly for the messenger). I went to the store and fiddled with the phone, but that doesn't do it justice, never does. I then called Verizon and spoke with the same guy I spoke with previous about it b4 my contract ran out. He has had both and said I would LOVE the Droid once I get use to it and won't even worry about the BB messenger.

Well, it's 3:30 my time and my battery is about dead if not already from me playing all day on it. He did mention that would happen b/c I'm a MASSIVE multitasker and an an impatient on at that lol

I found some AWESOME apps in the market which I have downloaded.

As far as the rotating of the screen, when I get ready to use the browser, do a text, anything to use the on screen keypad I turn it conter clockwise and it doesn't do it. Now when I'm walking or holding it it does it sometime...do I need to shake it? lmao

Other then the battery power which is my fault, I love it so far. Gotta get back use to the touch screen lol

7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It only works in landscape with the camera key up. It doesn't do a full 360, if that's what you were thinking.

No shanking is necessary.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome HotRodGyrl.....I hope you enjoy your new Droid....and I hope it fits in to your life and your needs out of a phone....because it really is a great piece of technology and believe me, it can take just about anything you can throw at it... :)