New to Droid-Emergency Management Focus

robinfriedman

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to developing this technology to provide low/no cost applications to the Emergency Management community. Anyone else out there working on this?

Reaction score
I think it's going to take a while for administrative types to realize that phones are powerful enough to be used as tools in our field now. I'm planning on making a reference style app for policies and S.O.P.s to help get the ball rolling at my fire dept, but something like that will be specific to each dept.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would be happy to quit using handwritten reports on the medic unit, let alone having something to use in the field.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it's going to take a while for administrative types to realize that phones are powerful enough to be used as tools in our field now. I'm planning on making a reference style app for policies and S.O.P.s to help get the ball rolling at my fire dept, but something like that will be specific to each dept.

If that's the case then roll it into the app. What specifics might each department have? Use that as a configuration screen and then let that configuration file itself be exportable to others running the same app so they don't have to change things around. Decide if the SOPs are going to be stored on a central server and kept in sync or if each person will have to go and build their own library. Be cool to have the new guy/gal just click a button and down they all come, everything good to go. Sounds like a fun project that will get some use.

gonna move this thread to applications