New to Droid and wanna learn fast

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jlg2684, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jlg2684

jlg2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys, i am a new droid user, have had for about a month now. i have the droid x. just got the 2.2 froyo update yesterday. so far so good. wanna know if anyone can recommend an easy way to root the device safely. i'd like more customization on my device like the notification bar color and things like that. any ideas?

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
  3. jlg2684

jlg2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for the fast response. i'll be sure to read these first before rooting my device, thnx again

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! My best advice just play with you phone as much as you can and read the forum.

Mike

5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! My best advice just play with you phone as much as you can and read the forum.

Mike

6. manaox2

manaox2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted immediately after pulling the update. Installed the sdk, usb drivers, extracted the root tools into the sdk tools folder, set my phone for usb debugging, pluuged it in, and ran the root script I previously extracted. Sounds complicated, but was easy to follow steps actually.

I wanted to point out the only real reason I've found for rooting after I've installed backup, wireless tether, bootstrap, root explorer, and drocap2 is just the wireless tethering and screenshot tools honestly. So if you don't need those, it might be better not to atm. It sure will make the inevitable bugfix update coming A LOT easier.

sent via tapatalk