New to Droid and wanna learn fast

jlg2684

Reaction score
hey guys, i am a new droid user, have had for about a month now. i have the droid x. just got the 2.2 froyo update yesterday. so far so good. wanna know if anyone can recommend an easy way to root the device safely. i'd like more customization on my device like the notification bar color and things like that. any ideas?

OP
J

jlg2684

Reaction score
thank you for the fast response. i'll be sure to read these first before rooting my device, thnx again

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! My best advice just play with you phone as much as you can and read the forum.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! My best advice just play with you phone as much as you can and read the forum.

Mike

manaox2

Reaction score
I rooted immediately after pulling the update. Installed the sdk, usb drivers, extracted the root tools into the sdk tools folder, set my phone for usb debugging, pluuged it in, and ran the root script I previously extracted. Sounds complicated, but was easy to follow steps actually.

I wanted to point out the only real reason I've found for rooting after I've installed backup, wireless tether, bootstrap, root explorer, and drocap2 is just the wireless tethering and screenshot tools honestly. So if you don't need those, it might be better not to atm. It sure will make the inevitable bugfix update coming A LOT easier.

sent via tapatalk