New to Droid and the Bionic

OP
D

Dedonut

Reaction score
I have an omsoft.com mail account that has been my only account for years. It's a POP account. I'm using that, and I can receive mail on that account ... both on my phone ... and my desktop ... and as I did for years on my iPhone. But now .... I can't send from my phone.

I have, subsequently, established a Gmail account because I thought I had to with this Google phone. Thought it was the only way I could route my omsoft mail. I actually added a Gmail account in my MacMail Prefs, so now I have an omsoft acct and a Gmail acct, both active.. Then I created an omsoft account on my Gmail account and set omsoft as the default mail. Omsoft is POP, Gmail is iMAP. This is probably so screwed up now, I'll have to go back to snail mail or actually talking to people on the phone!! :)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I have an omsoft.com mail account that has been my only account for years. It's a POP account. I'm using that, and I can receive mail on that account ... both on my phone ... and my desktop ... and as I did for years on my iPhone. But now .... I can't send from my phone.

I have, subsequently, established a Gmail account because I thought I had to with this Google phone. Thought it was the only way I could route my omsoft mail. I actually added a Gmail account in my MacMail Prefs, so now I have an omsoft acct and a Gmail acct, both active.. Then I created an omsoft account on my Gmail account and set omsoft as the default mail. Omsoft is POP, Gmail is iMAP. This is probably so screwed up now, I'll have to go back to snail mail or actually talking to people on the phone!! :)

not necessarily snow balled lol. all it is really is finding the right configurations. I sent u a PM

OP
D

Dedonut

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with mail being deleted on the servers. I just can't send from my phone. I receive my omsoft mail in separate mailboxes within my Gmail and I receive Gmail on my desktop in a separate mailbox within my MacMail.

Correction: All mail comes into the same Inbox and indicates whether it's from omsoft or Gmail. On my Mac I have separate mailboxes for omsoft and for Gmail. I get duplicates in each box.

I can send mail from my desktop Gmail account to my omsoft and it's received in my desktop omsoft and received on my phone. So ... what does that mean? If I can send from omsoft and Gmail on my desktop, it must be a problem in the phone settings but I sure don't know what!

OP
D

Dedonut

Reaction score
TY for the references. I have set up the Gmail according to the PM you sent and am now reading about mail arriving at Gmail and forwarding to another account. The forwarding isn't a problem if I'm receiving all email, is it? It's the sending out.

Please note the correction I made in the post just above.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can set gmail (via a PC ) to 'send ad's another address which you will have options of on your phone.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.