New to Droid and New to Forum

rdmontgo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just received a Moto Droid last week as a gift and have been loving it. Coming from a Sprint WinMo 6.1 phone, it's a big (and very welcome) change! So far, the best part has been one-upping my iPhone-fanboy friends with the live wallpapers, customization, etc... The worst part is my horrid battery life because I can seem to put the thing down (even at work -- not good for my productivity).

Right now, I am stock v 2.1. I haven't rooted yet because I want to check out the stock features and read up on the rooting process before going down that road. I have tooled around the hacking section here and found that I have a lot to learn. I do have some limited experience with Linux and look forward to seeing what this device can do.

I've prowled several Android user forums over the past week and this forum has been the most helpful so far. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Cheers!

droidman101

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just received a Moto Droid last week as a gift and have been loving it. Coming from a Sprint WinMo 6.1 phone, it's a big (and very welcome) change! So far, the best part has been one-upping my iPhone-fanboy friends with the live wallpapers, customization, etc... The worst part is my horrid battery life because I can seem to put the thing down (even at work -- not good for my productivity).

Right now, I am stock v 2.1. I haven't rooted yet because I want to check out the stock features and read up on the rooting process before going down that road. I have tooled around the hacking section here and found that I have a lot to learn. I do have some limited experience with Linux and look forward to seeing what this device can do.

I've prowled several Android user forums over the past week and this forum has been the most helpful so far. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Cheers!

For your battery problem you can buy a batterty from amazon for $11 and you can buy a battery charger for aroung the same price. This is actually another feature droid has that the idont doesnt

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Cheers!

Welcome, rdmontgo! Good plan to learn the stock phone before rooting it. You'll find this is a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope you enjoy your time here! :welcome: