New to droid and Inc-2, help w/ apps

Blown03

Reaction score
Just got the Inc-2 Thur night, also my first droid. Love it so far and haven't set it down lol. Anyhow... in regards to some good apps for task killing? Tips & Tricks to help battery life? Any other misc or good apps to have in General?

I did upgrade it to Gingerbread... installed official swype (which is amazing), changed over to Go Launcher and some of there widgets, got Skype w/ video support working (great of wifi, haven't tried 3g yet). And few other misc things.

Dan

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android+Task Killers = bad.

There are a lot of apps to use, Astro (file management), Dropbox, Quick Settings, RingDroid, Tapatalk...

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Task killers = battery killers. Android OS will shed any non needed running apps as needed to run at optimal speed.

My question to you is, where did you get the Skype with video? I haven't found one yet that supports video so you've got one up on me and I've been on Android for two years LOL.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
B

Blown03

Reaction score
Task killers = battery killers. Android OS will shed any non needed running apps as needed to run at optimal speed.

My question to you is, where did you get the Skype with video? I haven't found one yet that supports video so you've got one up on me and I've been on Android for two years LOL.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

haha go here Skype for Android with video chat official for some, unofficially for Galaxy S II, HTC Evo 3D, Thunderbolt, Sensation and others | Stuff-Review

about 1/2 down page, click link for "General Handset APK file", obviously this needs to be downloaded onto phone. Works like a charm! I use skype on laptop to talk to grandparents all the time that live out of state, Gramma didn't notice a difference vs my laptop skype lol... if you try 3g, lemme know how it works. I only did it on wifi @ home

OP
B

Blown03

Reaction score
Lol glad you got it buddy.. I'll try and make a post later

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk