New to Droid and Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by monsterbari, Mar 14, 2010.

1. monsterbari

monsterbari New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I caved and got rid of my flip phone for the Droid after reviewing and checking several models of smartphones. I am so disappointed that the Droid does not allow Bluetooth voice dial in this age of restricted car usage. This may be a deal breaker for me. This week at work on the road will tell.
    Also, I never know when the bluetooth is on!
    Renee

2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +164
    I don't use bluetooth on my Droid, so I'm not sure what to tell you there. Coming from a flip phone, you must certainly see a lot of other things the Droid does that your flip didn't do. I'm hopeful someone will have a suggestion or recommendation for you about the BT issue you're having.

3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome, Renee! You can use Voice Search to dial from your contacts but be sure that you have your settings set correctly for the search. Go to Menu / Settings / Search / Searchable Items and make sure that 'Contacts' is enabled. Using a bluetooth headset for this will not work as yet, but speaking directly to the phone isn't that much different. I hope that helps you!

:welcome: