New to Droid and Clueless/Hopeless SD Card Help

bittersweetsailr

Reaction score
I have a Droid RAZR M and I am struggling with a few issues. First all, somehow I encrypted the sd card and now my phone requires a password. Does anyone know how to turn the encryption off?

Also does anyone have any experience with Double Twist? Apparently this is what I need to transfer my music to my phone but I can't seem to figure out how actually get the stuff on my phone.

Please HELP!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Welcome to the site. I don't own a Moto so I can't help you but hang tight. For some reason after 8 or 9 PM this board really slows down. Someone will chime in with an answer but you may have to wait until tomorrow.

iamjoe

Reaction score
Here are my answers below...

I have a Droid RAZR M and I am struggling with a few issues. First all, somehow I encrypted the sd card and now my phone requires a password. Does anyone know how to turn the encryption off?

Here's how to turn off security pattern
go to settings > location & security > then look for the security section.

Also does anyone have any experience with Double Twist? Apparently this is what I need to transfer my music to my phone but I can't seem to figure out how actually get the stuff on my phone.

Not sure about double twist. You can just drag and drop when you connect your phone to a pc via your usb cable. You should see your phone as an icon and also your sd card (may be named 'untitled). droidMusic.png
Please HELP!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

Please HELP!
You might be out of luck on the SD Card encryption. The whole point of it is to deny access if you don't have the passkey. You may have to format it and start from scratch.

As to Double Twist, you need to download the desktop program. It should walk you through all you need to do to read your iTunes library and then you can connect the phone by USB and with the Double Twist app on the phone sync everything.