New to Droid 2, Recommended Roms?

Skidoo03

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been looking around on this forum at roms for the D2 because I am looking at buying one soon for something different, I currently have a Samsung Fascinate and had a Droid Incredible before that, both rooted. What roms/kernels and combos would you all recommend and which are most stable?
Thanks in advance.
:)

huskyjayboy

Reaction score
I'm curious as well since I'm not too sure about the Droid 2 scene. Is the Droid 2 similar to Droid 2 Global? Like do certain roms work for one and not the other? Which are the popular stable roms for just Droid 2?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

huskyjayboy

Reaction score
Looks like Liberty 3 is worth a shot first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Pmania

Reaction score
Alrighty here we go. Firstly, we can't choose our own kernels due to the locked bootloader, so you either get froyo kernel or gb kernel haha. Pick a rom based on the gb ota and follow the instructions. For battery life I would recommend apex, and for customization either cm7 or liquid gingerbread. Liberty 3 is also very good.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

T3viin

Reaction score
sbf to long

Ive tried cm7.. i couldn't get it to work because one the creator doesnt update the directions to install and that people with differnet instructions are wrong and i dont kno which are right or wrong :(.. Liquid gingerbread I tried flashing not to long ago. lead me to a bootloop. I sbfed before got the gb update for the Droid 2 and everything.. if anyone can help me that would be great.. i know this may be the wrong place to talk about it but if you could lead me into the right place I'd be grateful I've been flashing and getting no boot :(. Id like the right instructions and the right rom. :(. plz and thank you and btw does apex have a ota gingerbread rom? because i love apex.. loved it since froyo but the system not processing issue in froyo was never fixed so i thought that was it for apex..

OP
S

Skidoo03

Reaction score
So I'm probably gonna try Apex or Liberty, after what you said. Also what does it mean to SBF? I've been around rooting for a bit, I rooted my Incredible, Eris, and Fascinate, is it a program that you run on the computer? Oh and what is the best way to root it?

Sent from Tapatalk

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im surprised no one suggested MIUI yet. I just brought it over here but it has been in development since July. It is very full featured and stable. It gets better battery than CM with more theming stuff. It is slightly slower than CM but faster than blur. The only thing broke hardware wise are Alt lock keys and Bluetooth partially. Bluetooth will be fixed in my next update (I already have it fixed just need to release it)

Edit: Just realised this was D2 rather than D2G. D2's Bluetooth works perfectly, with FM support even already! It's the droid 2 global that just got fixed.