New to boards - NEED HELP WITH MY MOTO DROID

Walt

Reaction score
I am a new poster but a longtime reader, I have spent the last two days trying to root my droid however somewhere I have gone terribly wrong and now my phone is stuck in "softboot" I believe (droid to droid eye over and over again). I am pretty sure successfully rooted it using this method from droidmod because I had superuser permissions app in my apps, I built a backup using sprecovery and installed busybox. From there I was lost on what to do and I continued reading blogs and the forums to get the features I was looking for which was basically all of them (wifi tether, overclocking, customization and more power with my phone). I got the ROM manager and now I have clockwork instead of sprecovery when I go to my boot screen. I did not make a backup and I tried to install the ultimate droid 9 and I did it OTA and then moved it to my sdcard (on my mac), I then tried to open it through ROM manager but I don't think I did it right, I didn't change the name to update.zip and I just installed it from my sdCard

I have been thinking about rooting my phone for a long time and I finally decided to make the plunge, I have done almost everything I can short of rooting, and I wanted to root for more speed because I love having widgets and I also wanted better widgets.

I am now interested in learning this process even more thoroughly but I am scared of further damaging my phone. Ideally if there is anyone in Colorado, I could meet with to show me and help me with my phone I would more inclined to do it that way, however even anyone thinks they can help me online that would be great.

Thanks in advance

-Walter

droidgirl1

Reaction score
Oh. Walt, I can't help you but I feel for you. Been there. Pulled a all nighter with a great group of people that helped me out. Hopefully someone with more experience than I will come along

Good luck. Just don't let your Droid be a speed bump.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
The method I just used last night was the following:

Used RSDLite to install the SPRecovery.
Then renamed the ROM I wanted to use (Bugless Beast 1.0) to update.zip on the root of the SD Card.
Installed the zip through SPRecovery (remembering to wipe all data and cache).
Then installed ROM Manager to install the Clockwork Recovery.
Finally used Clockwork Recovery to install the V1Fixes, Smoked Glass Theme, and 1100Mhz LV 7X kernel.

Everything worked like a champ. Here are the instructions I used:
Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog)

Good Luck,
Mike

OP
W

Walt

Reaction score
The method I just used last night was the following:

Used RSDLite to install the SPRecovery.
Then renamed the ROM I wanted to use (Bugless Beast 1.0) to update.zip on the root of the SD Card.
Installed the zip through SPRecovery (remembering to wipe all data and cache).
Then installed ROM Manager to install the Clockwork Recovery.
Finally used Clockwork Recovery to install the V1Fixes, Smoked Glass Theme, and 1100Mhz LV 7X kernel.

Everything worked like a champ. Here are the instructions I used:
Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog)

Good Luck,
Mike

Thanks Mike, I did end up getting it working, All I had to do was wipe all my data and it booted up into Ultimate Droid, now I am running bugless beast with the same kernal you are and I can't put my phone down.

Are there any cool things you have done so far with your rooted droid that I should be enlightened to know? So far as rooted apps I have ROM Manager, Androzip, Root Explorer, Titanium, Barnacle Droidroot helper, Metamorph so far