New To Android

phil72

Reaction score
Hi the name is Phil, I'm in Peterborough, Ontario Canada (45min North of Toronto). I have to admit I previously owned the iphone 4s &
2 other's before that I was hooked! When the Galaxy S3 came out I started debating on whether to drop my love of my iphone. So 2 week's
ago I took the plunge and grabbed it, I must admit I absolutely love it well mostly so far. Only thing I've noticed that I'm not liking is the battery life, I have turned my screen down etc. all the little things to help as much as possible and it's somewhat better. So I'm here to learn what I can about the android OS and all the apps I may like and/or need for my phone. I think i'll be an android user from now on, well I won't be
back to the iphone I know that I mean theres things like ringers, wallpapers etc that you can get with the phone as it came from the shop
that you can't even think of on the iphones without jailbreaking them.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forumand to Android.
Might I suggest you get an app called Watch Dog Lite,a freebie, to see what's using cpu (battery) in the background? Also GSAM battery meter, another free one on the Play store, will show you what is using battery and is a great help in managing wasted battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Welcome to the darkside. ;) and the forum!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the S3 and welcome aboard!

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum well family I guess we are,:), i'll check out the sites on monitoring my battery usage and see what I can
figure out. I have one to watch my battery temp et. I'm only using the battery temp. part no need for the rest, i'll be sure to post any issues/?'s I
may have. Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Phil!! :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums :)

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
I'm actually trying to find a nice emoji app anyone know a eay to figurevout app I may be able use, I'm not new to gadgets, apps software etc.
just want the tried and true right from thd start and those who havd done this already like yourselves will be able to tell me the do's and don'ts so I only do it once!:) Thanks and thanks again for the welcomes guys/girls glsd to be here.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new member here.
I am honored to be a member of the forum. I hope there will be a lot of sharing and helping people.

welcome to the forum poorperson1, I can't believe you are the first poor person, I'm sure I was poorer, sooner and faster than you.:D

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
Welcome poorperson1 i'm new to the forum as well its a great place for info and to chat with great people who are happy to help you out! Btw suck being poor doesn't it.lol