New to android, require assistance!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Jables, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Jables

Jables New Member

So I just bought my first smartphone recently, decided to go with the Droid RAZR. I am very happy with it, I love the Android's capability and I'm most interested in the ability to play ROMs and emulators like a computer. I am pretty experienced with emulators and such on the computer, but I'm having a hard time working it out on my phone.

I have two emulators, a free gameboy color emulator I downloaded from the app market, and the famous Gameboid. The GBC emulator works fine. I have pokemon silver version (which I have had saved on my computer for ages) and it has not once given me trouble. The problem arises when I try to use Gameboid. I have a bios file, located in my root directory, I have a folder with 167 ROMs (the original games of which I own, mind you) and every single one of them runs without error on my PC. I have tried several different bios files, and have gone through every single one of the 167 ROMs and every one of them immediately crashes and returns me to my home screen. I have searched and searched for an answer to my dilemma but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for helping out a newbie Android user.

-Jables
  2. Jables

Jables New Member

No one can help? Really? I would really appreciate it guys.
  3. desertknit

desertknit New Member

When you downloaded the Gameboid from the market, did you happen to read any of the reviews by others who attempted to use it. It may not be you or your phone...it may be the app.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2