New To Android?!? Check This Out!

keith8224

Reaction score
retired school teacher

My efforts are to master the functions of the droid system to keep skill levels current in retirement. I am coming from an ATT fuze windows based phone and getting up to speed on droid systems. I am looking for a way to increase the fonts size in my contacts list. Any suggestions woud be appreciated. thanks in advance, Keith

Last edited by a moderator:

thenameless

Reaction score
Awesome info. Thanks I look forward to playing around with all this helpful info
:blackdroid:

mareeds

Reaction score
Hello. New here today. Just got a Moto DROIDX after one too many Blackberries.

I'm Mike Reeds in Las Vegas.

M. A. Reeds MD PhD

birdthrower51

Reaction score
New & Droid illiterate

I am a grandma with a Droid. Having some major issues with coverage near my home. They say it is a tower issue, but I am wondering if there might be some setting that would increase the coverage, or possibly a booster. I like the coverage I have experienced in the past, as we travel all over the country.

Hopeful regards
Glenda

ebookstore4me

Reaction score
Blive web solutions pvt. ltd 100, Nemi Nagar, Vais
Hello
B_u3z2cbcq8MCz3axAxUMlLH8CXVNCkox7wmswXT6mtwBCDCU1yiY6jBhxNDBFR3BLlJrCCTG6hQc9jSBUK9YMTSUu4vXWzfqHx6kFIPOFeQ4xYuLw
and Welcome to the forums
!

I’m just putting this together to help out all that are new to the Android OS. Its hard coming from a non-android phone and trying to just jump right in. So here are a few (well, a lot) of links to get reading on to help you become familiar with the operating system.

Will add more so check back!! You can skim through and find which article(s) suit you.

NOTE: just because I post it, it does not mean i agree with it. One example is the use of task killers: some people use them, others (including me) do not. its up to you what you ultimately choose to run on your phone. I’m just posting these to help ease into the new OS and get some helpful tips to create a setup that works for you. Your mileage may vary and, as always, every (An)Droid is different!

Props to FBM for additional help with this thread

(this is a repost of my DX write-up, with more generalized links used)

A few good starter threads for those just beginning with android phones
Apps in Background

Task Killers

About Your Battery

Getting Started

The best way to make the most out of your new operating system is learning how to use it
How to be an Android Power User

With a smart phone, you need to watch your battery
Extend the Life of Your Battery

Helping set up your home screens to make you more efficient
Android Home Screen Organization

Coming from an iPhone? Check out this
Switching from iOS to Android

Choosing a Launcher to replace your stock home screen
Different Options

Home Replacement Apps Thread

Starting To Use A H/R

Don’t like the stock keyboard?
Keyboard Replacements

Make the most out of Google Maps
Here

Car Apps

For some new apps to get you started, check out this..
Apps 1,

Apps 2

A
pps 3
Apps 4

Productivity Apps

And a few apps to save u a few bucks
More Apps

Improve your cameras abilities
Camera Tips

Best Camera Apps

Connect your PC to your Android Phone
PC to Phone Tips

Battery Charging and You
Why the Numbers Lie

Speed Up Your Android Device
Tips Here

Have an Outlook account you want to Sync?
Syncdroid

Maybe peruse other peoples setup they already have and find something you like?
Screenshots of Droid Homescreens

Now that we have multitasking (assuming your other phone didn’t (Android FTW)), you need to know a little about it
Android OS memory management and Task Killers

Wanna learn more about root? check out theses links
NOTE:Only YOU are responsible for what happens to your device

What Root Means

A Dummies Guide to Android Terminology

Using RSDLite

How To Tether

any others you see fit to be on this list please let me know
ZbRv0b8cC2EbO_97Rw0xUGKoZGQgbi4phyPCuOR-GC0G8pGSzPbzAXEJiHdBew0sBWyUmOxGcyGYOZzUcV49UgmxSbnHrB5M9IlxC5T_phEo0roGnQ
(and if any of the links are down, please don’t post here, just PM me)

Hey .... Thanx for info :yr1:

wnrdx2

Reaction score
thanks soo much for this post i couldve used TONS of info on here to help me with the android experience (rooting, mods/themes etc) this past year...im sure this post has been up for awhile. that just goes to show that you forum admins and devs werent KIDDING about "read, read, read, and then read some more." thanks again

:blackdroid:

lwade

Reaction score
Hello I am Wade, I work in the IT field in networking, windows and Linux, and I also repair computers and associated equipment.
I have been an Android owner for 3 years starting with Droid 2, Droid X, Droid Bionic, and.now the Droid RAZR Max.
My favorite was the Droid Bionic. It worked perfectly for me when it worked. I went through three warranty replacements in one year.
The third was warranty replaced with the RAZR Max, which I like less than any other model I've owned. Its not so much the phone I dislike
But the operating system. I was the victim of the soaker version of ICS which was a disaster. I finally got the ICS 4.0.4 upgrade
Which fixed a lot of the problems except email and battery length issues. That's my introduction, I'm happy to have found this forum...........Wade

:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the both of you, jazbah and wade!

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

jcimlas

Reaction score
I am not new to android but still some of them seem to be useful info which I haven't even tried yet.

ionamartin123

Reaction score
hey, this is a nice article. I'm new to android although I have used my bro's android mobile many a times. I hope to explore more when I get my own :)

ddavonn

Reaction score
where do i find my paid for apps at? i go to google play but cant find the apps i paid for...help pleeeeze!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
where do i find my paid for apps at? i go to google play but cant find the apps i paid for...help pleeeeze!!

When you go to “My apps" in Play Store, swipe the screen to the left and it will show all the apps you've ever installed, including your paid apps.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta