new to all this need help

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
okay so i went and saw a rom that i think would be nice and i looked at this Install Instructions:
Download rubiXFocused1.0.zip
Move to root of SD Card
Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SD Card
Select rubiXFocused1.0.zip
Install
Reboot
Enjoy :)

okay so now im lost i dont know what any of this stuff means. someone please lead me threw this? itll be so much help. i am sorry for the stupid ?'s

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No such thing as a stupid question. First you'll need to grab droid x recovery bootstrap from the marketplace. That's how you boot into custom recovery. From there you just follow the instructions as posted. Let me know if you have other questions, although i'll be hittin the sack soon so I might not get back to you till morning. But that doesn't mean someone else wont be around.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh and before you do anything you'll want to use the recovery to do a nandroid backup.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
okay i got the bootstrap. but its the other stuff i dont get. here ill show you.
Move to root of SD Card
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SD Card
Install
Reboot

okay i saw the little down load thing so i got that. but whats it mean by move to root of sd card......and pretty much the rest i dont get either.

thank you all for your help i didnt know people were still so nice these days.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
and is that bootstrapper the thing that will put my phone back to stock if i mess it up? because there is a big chance i might loldancedroid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and is that bootstrapper the thing that will put my phone back to stock if i mess it up? because there is a big chance i might loldancedroid

Yes and no. In bootstrap you will make a nandroid backup and if for any reason you want/need to go back to stock you can do it from there. However if you encounter serious issues you may have to sbf back to stock, but that's a different beast entirely.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
okay i got the bootstrap. but its the other stuff i dont get. here ill show you.

Download the zip file either from your computer or your phone.

Move to root of SD Card

The "root" of the sd card simply means the base of the card, as in not in any folders.

Use bootsrapper to boot into recovery by pressing "bootstrap recovery" and then "reboot into recovery"

Wipe Data/Cache

In recovery there is an option to wipe data and one to wipe cache, do both.

Install Zip From SD Card

There will be an option in recovery that says this.

After selecting install zip from sd card you will scroll down and find rubiXFocused1.0.zip and select it.

Install

After you select it it will go about the process of flashing the rom which could take a while.

Reboot

It will then either reboot the phone or give you the option to reboot the phone. First boot could take up to or even exceed ten minutes. Just be patient

okay i saw the little down load thing so i got that. but whats it mean by move to root of sd card......and pretty much the rest i dont get either.

thank you all for your help i didnt know people were still so nice these days.

I put instructions in that quote but once again before you do anything you need to make a nandroid backup.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
okay so i went to the recovery thing where the green screen comes up and it says stuff like reboot now and things of that sort and i went to the back up thing and backed it up and now it says backup complete. is that what your talking about?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes that was your nandroid backup. So essentially you now have a safety net to work with.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
sorry your going to hate me but i dont get this part Move to root of SD Card

The "root" of the sd card simply means the base of the card, as in not in any folders.

OP
P

preacher1611

Reaction score
my phone wont let me download that zip file thing, the first step, so i have to do it on my computer. is this going to be harder?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes, that is correct - the root of your sdcard just means that the rom zip file stands by itself, and is not in any folders.

it's not harder to dl to your pc. in fact, i never dl a rom directly to my phone. i always dl to my pc, and then copy to the root of sdcard. it seems to me that i have less problems with getting bad rom dl's that way. plus, i always have another copy of the file on my pc.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seriously its no biggie I know the lingo can be confusing. Did you download the. Zip file with your computer or phone?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my phone wont let me download that zip file thing, the first step, so i have to do it on my computer. is this going to be harder?

It shouldn't be more difficult but it will require more steps. You're going to have to dl it from your computer and then transfer it to the sd card using the usb cable.