new thunderbolt

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Verizon is sending out special offers for the thunderbolt From May 26 thru June 12, special price for $199.99. I am going to buy mine next week:icon_ banana:

manolo

Reaction score
Do you know anything about any full retail price reduction?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
nope, just these special offers they are sending out, they mail them to you, once they know you are ready for a up grade.

GDP

Reaction score
Good choice. I am coming from a Fascinate and have had the Thuderbolt for a week or so now and I love it. IMO the Thuderbolt is the best 4G phone on Verizon right now. If you like to keep your phones stock, HTC Sense is far superior to Touchwiz or whatever LG has. Plus it has less bloatware and no Bing. If you root that is irrelevant, but the HTC hardware is much better (again, my opinion). The Revolution just feels boxy and the Charge feels cheap.

dugwhitney

Reaction score
Verizon is sending out special offers for the thunderbolt From May 26 thru June 12, special price for $199.99. I am going to buy mine next week:icon_ banana:
I got that same offer in the mail yesterday. I called them this morning and mentioned I read on the internet about some vzw customers receiving an offer to buy the Thunderbolt for $99. The person I spoke to said I didn't qualify for that much of a discount because I was trying to upgrade one of the numbers on our family plan that was eligible for an upgrade, but not the primary number.

I told her I'd think about it, because I knew I could buy the Thunderbolt from Wirefly for less. She then asked how much they were selling it for and I told her I thought they were selling it for $129. She asked me to hold for a a minute or two while she checked to see if she could match their price and came back a couple of minutes later and said she could.

So I ordered a new Thunderbolt for $129 plus tax this morning. She was also nice enough to offer 25% off the accessories in addition to the 25% corporate discount I already receive.

And that's not all... She said she would also take $10 off the data plan if I commit to keeping it on the contract for 12 months. Seeing as how I've been paying $30 a month (minus 25% corp discount) for the unlimited data plan for years I was thrilled. I figured the first year savings on the data plan would almost pay for the phone.

You'll notice from my profile I don't post much. I feel like I just got a pretty good deal on this phone and had to share. You may want to try for the same when you order it next week.