1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Theme...looking for testers

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by jatx2wne, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jatx2wne

jatx2wne Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

So Ive been working on this theme for awhile now and I think I finally have enough done to see what people think. If people like it I will continue on with other apps. This is for the d1 on ud23 im just looking for a few testers to get some feedback and make sure there are no major things wrong that ive overlooked....let me know if you would like to check it out.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Edited by me....
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  3. jatx2wne

Which font colors???? If your talking about the status bar there all in settings i just havent gotten around to changing them yet to busy messing with other things
  4. xkape

well the status bar we can all change on our own with UD 2.3 settings yes? I just assumed you did other stuff like made the keyboard buttons that color and such and you would have to change that.. eh.. thats in styles though...nevermind man... im going to edit my other post.
  5. ballmore

ballmore New Member

I will be happy to test it. I have a spare Droid that I use for testing and right now I got an older prerelease version of Xkape's Chrome theme on it(my main Droid has the final version on it). I will help you in any way that I can.
  6. jatx2wne

link sent thanks man
  7. ballmore

ballmore New Member

Ok. Here is what I came up with so far....
    First of all I love this theme. I really can't believe that everybody and there brother passed on the chance to test this out for you.
    I only had one hick-up that I noticed. When I first loaded the theme the market was complete like the one in your screen shot. After a I closed the market it reverted back to the stock app icon. When I opened it back up the market was only half way themed. It had the Breeze stars and blue trim. But it was missing the icon and gold body. Other than that I would like to see what you could do with the keyboard if at all possible. I would also like to see some themed apps. These wouldn't be deal breakers for me cuz I am already trying to theme some apps that I regularly use. Everything else seems very smooth. I like the animation for the pop up menus.
  8. ballmore

ballmore New Member

Below is a pick of the market. I'm not sure that it's really a problem with your theme though. It could be a problem with my phone. I have been flashing themes like crazy this past week. I think that my spare Droid is ready for a nap. lol
  9. xkape

That blue faded to black back to blue separator there in Ballmores 1st screenshot is pretty freaking snazzy. Which xml is that? Hell of a job by the way.
  10. jatx2wne

Thank you very much ballmore....i haven't ever seen that happen with the market so I guess I will just have to see if it happens to others. I will start working on the keyboard tonight and other apps. As far as other apps go I'm thinning twitter face book car home...what else do u think??? Xkape I'm pretty sure that's a png in frame work but I'd have look to be sure I'll find out exactly what one it is tonight.
  11. ballmore

ballmore New Member

Gallery, phone, camera, music, browser, dropbox......I have a special request for one that I keep on my main screen....could you also do the icon for an app called GMob 365? The icon is a white cat with a blue ball of yarn. Could you make it a gold cat with your cyan blue for the yarn? Also you don't need to theme every app. Just the icons.

Sent from the bathroom at work cuz I had to hide so that I could type this. DroidForums App
  12. ballmore

ballmore New Member

[​IMG]
    Also I noticed that the logo at the bottom of the notification tab is for the Shadow Rom. Have you been making this theme for Shadow too? If not it might be left over from when I was testing stuff for that rom a few weeks back. That could also sort of explain the problem I'm having with the market app.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  13. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

man thats a nice theme and would go nice with Cyanogen 6.1:)
  14. jatx2wne

Yeah I'm sure that's from me oops lol...its left over because I use shadows pngs to de compile uds frame work. I do have this for shadow and lfy though. Ill start looking into icons this week and so long as i can do the gmob one ill do it for sure.
  15. jatx2wne

Im actually running that now....i have some things that I still want to get done once I do it will be for multiple roms
  16. ballmore

ballmore New Member

I figured lol just worried about how much crap I put my spare Droid through. Maybe you should make your own logo/icon for the drop down notification that way when you port your theme to other rom's it'll stand out more as your own work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  17. jatx2wne

[​IMG]
    Most of the KB is done....I don't have much free time til the weekend but icons are next. Xkape I think that PNG is darkheader.9 in framework
  18. xkape

yes sir.. i found it on accident while making the noti bar transparent. thank you much for letting me know for sure though man!
  19. 1luvleegeek

1luvleegeek New Member

Oooh please make it for the incredible! I had the droid but I have it no longer.:(
    I love the dialer!!!!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  20. xkape

If it works for the D1, it works for the Dinc.. you just have to edit the updater-script a bit to remove all the "sholes" stuff