New tb owners!!!

craig8868

Reaction score
i just hung up the phone and can't hold any items for the thunderbolt... can't hold the shell/holster combo, black hi gloss silicone case or anything like that. urg! why do i have to be at work right now? i'm literally glaring at the clock waiting for it to say 3pm so i can run out of the building. if my local store doesn't have it i'm trying 2 other stores before giving up for the day.

what does everyone think of the thunderbolt so far? is htcsense.com able to connect with the phone? how is the fastboot feature?

Fast boot works great.. You have to turn it on in the settings, but man IT FLIES on the boot. . at work so haven't tried sense.com.. going to work on that later.. 4G speeds so far average of 5 test.. 6 MB sec DL and 30 yes thirty MB sec upload..

htcsense.com doesn't have the thunderbolt listed as a optional device when you go to signup. was the feature removed?

I wanted to sign up last night and didn't see the TB listed and still wasn't there today....

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
Yeah I just got home from picking mine up! The 4G is amazing and the phone is absolutely gorgeous! Huge difference coming from my D1, only downside I have had so far is that it didn't come fully charged! lol I love this phone to death so far and cannot wait for it to finish charging. Got mine for $199.99! $216 out the door!

Lithium batteries are produced and shipped at 40% charge, as that is the proper charge for the longest storage life of the battery without degradation. A 100% charged Li battery loses 20% of its life every year at room temperature, while it only loses 4% per year at 40% charge. Since the battery might have been manufactured months before being installed in the product, all Li batteries are shipped at 40% charge and kept that way in the product until the user fully charges it for the first time.

That's interesting. Tell me this...is it better to install the battery (@40%) and let it run down before fully charging it or better to fully charge it right away? I am getting my TB tomorrow and already have a seidio extended battery in-hand. I plan on always having two batteries with me when I'm not near a power source.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Called the store. My discount is for service and accessories, not phones. $50 is a good chunk of cash. I'll probably order online...I guess it's not worth $50 to shave off a couple days.

i can read

Reaction score
Quick question how do you get the $50 credit? Is it a ne2 or something like that or is it an employ discount?

wingdo

Reaction score
Good lord, I'm in the middle of my building at work. Not great signal strength, 1-2 bars. D/L speeds, 6.1MB/s U/L 22.8MB/s

Zoinks!

paladin732

Reaction score
I got the $50 credit also... No idea why as I have never gotten it before. Not complaining though :)

Also DAMN this thing has 16 bloatware apps that are not removable, can't wait till its rooted!

Did anyone else notice no reference to htcsense.com on the phone? Does that mean we won't be able to ever use it, or its just not available yet?

MadScientist

Reaction score
i just hung up the phone and can't hold any items for the thunderbolt... can't hold the shell/holster combo, black hi gloss silicone case or anything like that. urg! why do i have to be at work right now? i'm literally glaring at the clock waiting for it to say 3pm so i can run out of the building. if my local store doesn't have it i'm trying 2 other stores before giving up for the day.

what does everyone think of the thunderbolt so far? is htcsense.com able to connect with the phone? how is the fastboot feature?

Fast boot works great.. You have to turn it on in the settings, but man IT FLIES on the boot. . at work so haven't tried sense.com.. going to work on that later.. 4G speeds so far average of 5 test.. 6 MB sec DL and 30 yes thirty MB sec upload..

MB or Mb?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Beka27

Reaction score
It probably needs to be there to work with the $60 multimedia dock. (Or else maybe no one would buy it?)

Reaction score
I got the $50 credit also... No idea why as I have never gotten it before. Not complaining though :)

Also DAMN this thing has 16 bloatware apps that are not removable, can't wait till its rooted!

Did anyone else notice no reference to htcsense.com on the phone? Does that mean we won't be able to ever use it, or its just not available yet?

i have no idea. i'm reading the manual that someone posted tuesday and i dont see any mention of htcsense.com in there... i thought that feautre would have been available at launch

Shelooga

Reaction score
transferring all my music, pics, vids, and rooting files now... cant wait to really play with it. time to search for root access...

BigMace23

Reaction score
Love this phone! HTC sense 4G and a bigger screen make this an awesome upgrade from the d1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App