New Stratosphere... just got some questions (and probably more to come)

acejavelin

Reaction score
So I was forced by VZW to get a Stratosphere after my HTC Incredible 2 crapped out... long story, but not important to this discussion, and I have a few questions. Most of these things were very straight forward and built into the HTC and I just can't seem to figure them out on the Strat:

1) How do I get the Accuweather Widget to change to my current location automatically? It is always stuck on my home location and won't change even though in the settings "Enable current location" is already checked. I never set anything in the HTC weather widget, it just auto-updated to my current location all the time. I travel a lot and if this won't work can someone recommend a good free weather widget that does this?

2) How do I block individual callers in my contact list. In the HTC is was simple, open the contact and check "Block Calls" and the phone would automatically reject all calls from that contact. Nothing like that I can see in the Samsung

3) Can I auto-sort the applications menu at all, in the HTC there was an All Tab, a Favorites Tab, and a Downloaded Apps tab that could be sorted alphabetically or by date. Is this possible?

Got a few more, but we can start with these I guess.

Thanks in advance!

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
OK, no answers but some investigation got me what I needed... so I will share for other Stratosphere owners.

1) Weather Widget issue - The Samsung/Accuweather Widget doesn't get location by GPS or other location means. Solution was World Weather Clock Widget to replace both the stock clock and weather widgets.

2) This functionality isn't in the stock ROM... Still haven't figured this one out, there are lots of apps in the Play Store that can supposedly do this but I haven't tested it yet.

3) Organizing the Apps is easy with AppZorter Lite for TouchWiz works great and makes automating the TouchWiz App list easy.

Also, This phone is easily rooted and there are several kernels and ROM's available at RootzWiki in this thread.