New Stock Camera APP Pulled From Google Play Addition Phones! Download Now!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-play-edition-android-camera.jpg

The new stock camera found on the Google Play Editions of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One is so much cleaner than it's predecessor. The menu system has more of a stack flow which keeps it out of the way of your display while you are trying to frame a picture. You can have this new camera right now. It can be installed on any device, and it does not require you to be rooted. Simply download the camera app from the link below and install the same way as you would any other sideloaded apk. The app will then populate in your app drawer. This does not replace your current camera, unless maybe you are on a Nexus device, it will just give you another option. This also comes with the stock gallery.

Thanks Redsnk95

Via XDA

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
works great on galaxy nexus, on razr maxx it's missing sphere camera option.

JohnFH

Reaction score
Downloaded the camera & gallery today. The camera is much better than my stock RAZR Maxx HD camera. Love the controls & settings on the Google edition camera!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Where's the link? I get a bandwidth error with a gallery app but nothing about a camera?

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

Last edited:

Briankbl

Reaction score
Where's the link? I get a bandwidth error with a gallery app but nothing about a camera?

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

Look through the source link for mirrors. The gallery app you speak of includes both the camera and gallery.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only issue I'm having on my Rezound is the scene function, which I don't ever use on the stock camera anyway, isn't working at all. The Imax (or whatever you call it) view is gong to be awesome on my next trip to the mountains. I've tested it and it's working fine.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

HK-47

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the new camera and gallery app to install fine on my Droid Bionic. My only question is how do you change the file save area from internal to external SD card?

xtor

Reaction score
I got the gallery but can't find the camera?

sent from a note yee

xtor

Reaction score
Gallery is nice on the note 2, now if I can get the camera to test
, it wouldn't let me upload this pic from this new gallery, had to use stock?
View attachment 64545

sent from a note yee

xtor

Reaction score
Here is the panoramic shot in my front yard it split the drive way and car from the house but when I click on the pic I have a near purfect 360 view in all directions, sweet!, won't upload? That's weird it said it didn't upload..scratch head........

sent from a note yee

onlybrandy

Reaction score
Just loaded this on my razr maxx on 215 leak, well my husband xtor did, and it works great, i don't have every camera option he has on the note 2, maybe i will when he gets me on jellybean

GotnFX

Reaction score
Just loaded this on my razr maxx on 215 leak, well my husband xtor did, and it works great, i don't have every camera option he has on the note 2, maybe i will when he gets me on jellybean

How does the camera work now? If I am not mistaken, the hubby xtor was able to get jb on your phone, right? I am gonna try it out later when I get home.