New SoftwareForMe.com Beta: Imagine Multi-Touch

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by SoftwareForMe.com, Nov 23, 2009.

1. SoftwareForMe.com

SoftwareForMe.com New Member

We just released the first version of Imagine Mulit-Touch, an Android Image Gallery application that supports multi-touch on all Android handsets.

As is our norm, it is deliberately feature-poor; we are counting on the amazing Android community to send us feedback and drive the feature-set. Remember, we don't make feature decisions; we build what our customers ask for.

PhoneMyPC has been a success using this model--though it's not quite done, it's getting close, and better all the time--and we wanted to apply this same design principle to something we thing Android is sorely lacking: a proper Image Gallery.

If you want multi-touch badly enough to deal with some bugs for a while, or if you're excited about being able to have your voice heard--and possibly implemented in software--give it a try!

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC
  2. Foolish

Foolish New Member

If it is beta why do you charge 99 cents? Looks cool but your description needs work. Right now I don't know if I can pinch and zoom or if I have to use the volume buttons. The first thing yhoub need to add is an extension for animated gifs if you do that this could replace the gallery and would be worth the dollar if not more
  3. SoftwareForMe.com

Now THAT is the sort of feedback we want! Thank you so much!

We charge at least 'something' for all of our products. The point isn't so much to profit--even PhoneMyPC hasn't earned a fraction of what it's cost yet. The point is really to weed out the masses who just want free-bee's and give people a stake in the product.

We're still a young group (although we are each somewhat older :), and it may be asking a lot for people to trust that if they buy and give us feedback, we'll end up with a good product for them. We only take on the projects we know we can do, and if for some reason we fail, we have a Refund button, and we're not afraid to use it!

Regarding pinch zooming... what phone do you have? And, how could you "not know" if you can or not?

Animaged GIFs. Check.

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC
  4. Foolish

Foolish New Member

I can def. Relate and understand where ure coming from when it comes to charging. I have a motorola droid. As the description is concerned I understand what it says I was just trying to help you make it idiot proof because it talks about volume up? To zoom and touch left and right to scroll. Also does this support swiping gestures?
  5. Foolish

Foolish New Member

I like the app a lot. Well worth the buck. If you add extensions to support animated gifs swipe gestures and folder options. So that pictures I don't want shown don't and one's I do are organized you. Would have a perfect alp. At least in my eyes on a droid
  6. samredman

samredman New Member

I bought it... It is very nice. Pinch and Zoom for all my photos is excellent. It really is a great addition to my Droid.

Perhaps add swipe prev and next

The one hope of an improvement which I have for it is that instead of only the tap left and right (and the menu button) to do "previous and next" that you could just swipe a finger across from left to right or right to left to accomplish "previous and next." Then it would be perfect for me. I like the way that swipe works on the iphone. Tap is good... swipe is better.

Added: I do see that I can expand the "thumbnails" up to their maximum size (using the volume mechanism) and then do the swipe up and down. That's nice, maybe that's enough.

Save expanded and focused image -- low priority suggestion.

Once I have selected a good expanded section and it is showing on the screen, it would be nice to save that as a new image. I was showing the app to someone and I expanded a photo and moved over to the right part of the image and they said, "I like that one. Can you make a copy of that?" Of course, I couldn't. This is getting into photo editing and really perhaps the use for this is fine just as a display mechanism.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  7. mrschmitz

mrschmitz New Member

Hi, I just purchased the beta version of Imagine Multi-touch. Here are a couple of things I found. Please let me know if you'd prefer feature requests and bug reports in another fashion?

* Bug: Right after I downloaded it, I went to Astro file manager to find some specific photos I had taken with my camera. I pressed one, selected to use Imagine to open it, and my phone went into a loop where Imagine crashed and force closed over and over. The only way I could get out of it was to reboot the phone. After the reboot, pictures worked fine to open from Astro.

* Feature request: Have the same functionality as the built-in gallery -- At least "Share", and then "Delete".

* Feature request: Use pinch to zoom in the "gallery" view, in addition to the volume up/down buttons. I kept trying to do that instinctively.

* Feature request: Separate the gallery into virtual "folders", like the built-in media gallery. Maybe at least folders for "Camera pictures" and "Other", I found my Twitter profile pictures to show up in the "gallery" view.
  8. samredman

samredman New Member

Bug report - similar to the last poster, I have had a several complete freezes with an error message on the screen that says "Force Close" as a button to touch, but touching that doesn't force a close. It required removing the battery and restarting. So... something is happening there (like a stack overflow) making it just freeze.
  9. mrschmitz

mrschmitz New Member

samredman -- I found that you don't have to pull the battery. Just hit the power button to lock the screen, and then press/hold the power button with the screen locked. Touch power down, and then you can power down and power up gracefully instead of doing a battery pull. That could be much safer, depending if they are running the file system out of flash or RAM.
  10. samredman

samredman New Member

thanks for that tip-- mrschmitz, but, I had tried that... unfortunately, nothing I could do would remove that "force close" box from the screen.. the old "battery remove" seemed my only cure.
  11. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

I haven't downloaded the app but a suggestion for this and future posts for apps is to put a QR code in the post for the app you're talking about. It makes getting to the proper app on the marketplace foolproof. Searching for an app sometimes yields several (if not dozens) similar apps and that's if you spelled it properly.

The QR codes rock and it would make you look even more professional. :)
  12. SoftwareForMe.com

Wow, what an outstanding bunch of feedback! All of it is well received, and agreed to.

One question though; how should "swipe" gestures work? Consider that a single finger "swiping" is used for panning a view when zoomed in.

Perhaps when NOT zoomed in, a swipe could work, but when zoomed in, the tap (or menu) would be used?

Thoughts?

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC
    [​IMG]

Imagine Multi-Touch
    [​IMG]
  13. mrschmitz

mrschmitz New Member

I agree with that. At least at first, that may be the way to go for the swipe. Note I also have been using both one AND two-fingers for panning around a zoomed image, which is awesome and intuitive.

* Another feature request: How are the pictures sorted? Maybe add a couple of sort options that would allow you to sort by file name or modification date?
  14. nyijedi

nyijedi New Member

The beta is nice so far, but it really needs to organize pictures by directory for those of us with a lot of pictures on our phones.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  15. mach330

mach330 New Member

is phonymypc compatible with mac? i've been meaning to try this.
  16. SoftwareForMe.com

No, not at this time.

We do plan to add Mac support next year, as well as Linux.

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC
  17. SoftwareForMe.com

Thank you for this excellent perspective.

Our approach to software development is new, something we've never tried, and something I've not seen anybody else try. As I said in an earlier post, the small up-front cost is to eliminate the droves of people seeking free-only software, and to give customers a stake.

I can tell you from experience with our other product that the feedback has been incredibly positive; I think we get better feedback and interaction with our customers, and our customers are more apt to get what they want from the software. Instead of being the "men behind the curtain," we are really partners with our customers.

And, I sure hope nobody feels screwed; there's always that "Return and Refund" option in the market, and as I also said in a previous post, if somehow we really botched something and couldn't deliver, we have a refund button as well :)

Lastly, making money. We started developing Android apps because we are geeks and were excited that finally there were general-purpose, programmable pocket computers that would become ubiquitous. Of course we'd like to turn a profit, but so far nobody is paying bills with our revenues, and we're not even close to earning back what we've invested (look at news and Google groups for talk about profit in the Android Market). But, this doesn't sway us; we're having fun, Android users ROCK, and we think what we're doing is cool.

Warm regards,
    SoftwareForMe.com
  18. ironosity

ironosity New Member

@temp3150...Booo! If u don't like their way of doing business, fine. Don't buy it. But please don't dissuade others from doing so. I work daily in software development using agile development. I can say that this iterative approach which strikes me as similar to agile probably works well. Moreover as stated by the developer, we buy it for less than what the finished version will cost but will get the upgrade at no additional cost. That is our benefit for helping to shape the final product.

On another note, the force close is caused by an out of memory error (I hooked my droid up to eclipse and read the logs). I was able to get out of it by pressing the home button in between pressing the force close dialog. Only appears to happen on large photos.

Let's support developers that are hard at work making android the number one platform it will be soon!
  19. ironosity

ironosity New Member

@tmp3150 You must be developing a competitive software or something for your bad attitude. They are not screwing you since they don't make you download their software. That's a choice those of us who want awesome software (or the opportunity to shape it) make.
  20. Foolish

Foolish New Member

Swipe gestures should include one finger swipes. When in zoom mode one should be able to double tap the pic to recenter it then the one finger swipe allows to the next picture
Search tags for this page
aopk with multitouch for m865
download imagine multi-touch for android
imagine mt apk

imagine multi touch apk

jmagine mult touch.apk 4shared