New software update for the Droid

moctoc

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea the types of things that will be fixed/updated when the new software comes out (~12/11/09)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I forget who but someone on the forum's here showed me that. You can change what it 'searches' for.... just erase up to the "=" and add your own search criteria... just remember the "+" between words..... then you can google anything for anyone :)

Legacy23

Reaction score
Verizon to address Droid issues in December

The recently launched Motorola Droid at Verizon is already due for an over-the-air update to fix a large number of issues, according to a lengthy document leaked from Verizon. The five pages that are said to have been sent to Verizon Tech Support representatives and reveal an update is due for December 11th. It will address a large number of issues, including adding nesting folders in Exchange Active Sync e-mail, adding a notification icon when sending an e-mail and fixing a lock-up when editing large invite lists.
Users currently also cannot accept a calendar appointment received over e-mail, which will also be addressed. When Google Mail is Active Synced, only picture attachments are recognized.

A delayed notification of a new Visual Voice Mail will also be addressed by the update, as will an incorrect date and/or time when sending videos over Bluetooth. In some markets, users also are not able to initiate three-way calling; the Add Call soft key also has no effect during some three-way calls. The counter for the number of characters in a message will also be fixed.

The inability to transfer contacts over Bluetooth will also be addressed, as will the delay before an incoming call or message after activation. Power cycling the Droid now eliminates the problem, but the update will totally resolve the issue.

Finally, an intermittent problem with the camera's ability to automatically focus will also be resolved.

Some of these issues will purportedly be resolved in a second update, on January 22nd, as there are two dates listed for the Droid's fixes. [via Phandroid]

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I forget who but someone on the forum's here showed me that. You can change what it 'searches' for.... just erase up to the "=" and add your own search criteria... just remember the "+" between words..... then you can google anything for anyone :)

Actually, all you need to do is go to Let me google that for you and enter your search criteria. The site will then create the needed url for you automagically.

R

racklefratz

Actually, all you need to do is go to Let me google that for you and enter your search criteria. The site will then create the needed url for you automagically.

What would be REALLY smooth would be if we could just teach some of these people how to actually "Google" for themselves.....what a concept! Probably too much to ask.

OP
moctoc

moctoc

Reaction score
Gee, thanks for the help!

medicTHREE

Reaction score

or just go here Let me google that for you and then put yoru search in. It will provide you the link to use.

Sleeve

Reaction score
So any indication that the January 22 update is still on? Any buzz about additional issues found since launch that will be included?

I think the email attachment issue is probably the hottest item on that list unless you're an Exchange user and the rest of the list becomes more important.

Knowing how long software testing takes from first hand experience, I can easily see the 1/22 update containing just what was decided as deferred defects prior to launch, but maybe some items have risen enough in priority that they make the cut.

I know better than to expect an enhancement release this fast.