New soak

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. First, the soak test they send out will be exactly the same as the final release. I have never heard of them pulling one back, I imagine it would take a major disaster before they would do that. So anything they soak test would have to be ready for prime time. Which means it will have to apply over 893 or 901 for it to work on the people they sent 901 to.

Then that would mean that they would have to send two soak tests, one to the few who got .901 and one to the rest. Just curious.

nateohio

Reaction score
Then that would mean that they would have to send two soak tests, one to the few who got .901 and one to the rest. Just curious.

Or they could send out a "Full" update instead of a patch that relies on specific previous software to be there.

Tonik

Reaction score
Or they could send out a "Full" update instead of a patch that relies on specific previous software to be there.

Best theory yet, and best way for them to handle this.

twistedme

Reaction score
901 is almost perfect for me but 1 of the "fixes" listed in the changelog doesnt work right. When I travel to Hagerstown, MD (I have family there) I am suppose to switch over to 4G.....the problem is that it doesnt really switch over unless I airplane toggle the phone.

901 is still a problem in the 4g only area.. i live near hagerstown md and i have to power cycle sometimes. I did get on the soak so hoping the new update fixes the issues out here.

Man i hope moto is not just soaking 901!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

bjjud

Reaction score
How many leaked guinea pig versions are there for every actual OTA?

CPKIII

Reaction score
i still only have .893 .......this is annoying

Well then you have the most up to date official release. .901 was not suppose to happen.

My Bionic Stock on 893 has been rock solid. Signal works and switches, and only reboots when I restart it.

So now I set and wait to see if I get picked for SOAK.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Well then you have the most up to date official release. .901 was not suppose to happen.

My Bionic Stock on 893 has been rock solid. Signal works and switches, and only reboots when I restart it.

So now I set and wait to see if I get picked for SOAK.

Same. 893 has been petty solid for me as well. Has a few quirks, but I've been pleased overall.

faganm24

Reaction score
I was wondering something. In the email it mentions that if you are rooted, you have to unroot to accept the update. I am rooted with 4ever root. I have not flashed any updates and am on stock rooted ROM. Do I need to undo my root to accept this update? The only way I can figure out how to undo it requires me to restore and wipe data. I don't want to wipe data at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was wondering something. In the email it mentions that if you are rooted, you have to unroot to accept the update. I am rooted with 4ever root. I have not flashed any updates and am on stock rooted ROM. Do I need to undo my root to accept this update? The only way I can figure out how to undo it requires me to restore and wipe data. I don't want to wipe data at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Rooted users still are eligible for the soak tests.

Walkman666

Reaction score
I was picked for a soak test, and have completed the survey. What happens next? Do I receive an OTA update like I would normally? When I click on Settings > About Phone > System Updates, I receive a msg saying: "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." Thanks.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was picked for a soak test, and have completed the survey. What happens next? Do I receive an OTA update like I would normally? When I click on Settings > About Phone > System Updates, I receive a msg saying: "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." Thanks.

Yes it will just pop up on your screen just like any OTA update.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
We do have to be concerned with losing root with the update though don't We? Even us forever Rooted?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums