New soak

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath.... if I remember, there was about 6 weeks between the soak testers getting the "heads up" e-mail and the actual soak test starting. I don't know if that's stanard op for moto or not, but I do remember it being quite a long time between the two.

Maybe someone who was in the last soak can enlighten us.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath.... if I remember, there was about 6 weeks between the soak testers getting the "heads up" e-mail and the actual soak test starting. I don't know if that's stanard op for moto or not, but I do remember it being quite a long time between the two.

Man I wish you had mentioned that 5 minutes earlier. Just got back to stock..ARGH :mad:

Reaction score

The last soak (.893) went fairly fast. Announced it early in the week, pushed it on Thurs. evening and the official VZW OTA update started being pushed that Monday.

Reaction score
This soak test better be for ICS or something much more than an incremental to .901. I loaded .901 and my phone is working great, with perhaps just a slight hiccup here or there. This new update had better not mess it up.

Yeah, I know it's most likely not ICS, so it better be something bigger than a ".902" or something...!

jhom

Reaction score
The last soak (.893) went fairly fast. Announced it early in the week, pushed it on Thurs. evening and the official VZW OTA update started being pushed that Monday.

That is also my recollection. Hopefully, we will see the update by Friday.

Reaction score
This soak test better be for ICS or something much more than an incremental to .901. I loaded .901 and my phone is working great, with perhaps just a slight hiccup here or there. This new update had better not mess it up.

Yeah, I know it's most likely not ICS, so it better be something bigger than a ".902" or something...!

It's not ICS. Probably .901 with VZW's added bloatware. It's wait and see at this point. If they can improve .901 any at all, then we should be ready for ICS.

don_droid

Reaction score
I really doubt is very much more than .902 - .901 with vzw bloat. You must remember many of us did not install the leaked .901, we were waiting for the offical OTA. Plus, .902 never saw the light of day. .901 was only accidently released to a few people, it was not a real release.

multanii

Reaction score
I am still on 886. I have never gotten any update notices, but my Bionic functions perfectly. Is Verizon tracking connectivity and not trying to fix what already works?

Thing is it doesn't work. You probably are not looking hard enough.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if you got a email to participate and all you've done is install .901 with no root, would you have to go back to 5.5.893? And if so, what's the best way?

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if you got a email to participate and all you've done is install .901 with no root, would you have to go back to 5.5.893? And if so, what's the best way?

No one knows except Moto for sure until it happens. So all anyone here can do is give you an opinion. My opinion is that whatever update they send it will install just fine on 901. Remember, they pushed 901 out to some phones. They have to support those phones. Yes, they could target the list they sent it to with something else, but that is too much trouble and leaves more room for error.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one knows except Moto for sure until it happens. So all anyone here can do is give you an opinion. My opinion is that whatever update they send it will install just fine on 901. Remember, they pushed 901 out to some phones. They have to support those phones. Yes, they could target the list they sent it to with something else, but that is too much trouble and leaves more room for error.

I was curious as the manual update going to .901 had to be from .893 or else it wouldn't install. If the soak test is also coming from .893 then .901 shouldn't work as a starting point.

Tonik

Reaction score
I was curious as the manual update going to .901 had to be from .893 or else it wouldn't install. If the soak test is also coming from .893 then .901 shouldn't work as a starting point.

I understand what you are saying. First, the soak test they send out will be exactly the same as the final release. I have never heard of them pulling one back, I imagine it would take a major disaster before they would do that. So anything they soak test would have to be ready for prime time. Which means it will have to apply over 893 or 901 for it to work on the people they sent 901 to.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I received the participation email from moto but don't want to unroot and factory reset just to see what the latest and greatest moto has to offer us Bionic owners lol.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score

The other guy is right. The initial email was sent out about 6 weeks before the actual Soak test invitation email was sent out. Then the "You've been selected" emails got sent out, and it was from that point that it only took a week.

This first email sent out yesterday and today was just to gather up a pool from which the Soak Testers will be selected. It could very well be another month and a half before the actual soak test starts.

That being said, I got the invite too. But I'm not planning on doing any kind of updating until whatever it is, is proven to be better than 901. Yes, the 901 build has been that good for me.