New soak

WolfBrother

Reaction score
Just updated my wife's phone. She was forever rooted.

. 893. I forgot to install the cheesecake updater.

She is now on 902. No root.

Bummer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you point us to that thread? I can't find it. :blink:

It's in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197224 New bionic update....finally!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Sure have to wonder though, why 901 was leaked weeks ago and despite being wonderful - it has never been released. Only two reasons come to mind for a delay; a glaring problem cropped up with 901 (which does not seem to be the case), or ICS was going well enough that the date for it was not sliding, making 901 a waste of time. Last November someone posted leaked hints from Motorola or VZW that some big news was coming which would make Bionic users happy. I wonder if this might mean an accelerated release of ICS?
I'm guessing that they found a few minor glitches with .901 they wanted to polish a little.

I was one of those who got .901 as an OTA update. It worked great for me, the only glitch I observed was in checking for updates on my phone, which became spotty on WiFi and non-existent on 3G/4G. A hard reset fixed it, but that's just one minor possibility of a few things that perhaps Motorola wished to polish.

It could also be that Verizon wanted a few tweaks.

Reaction score
so I went official .902 update via my secondary boot thru safestrap.. lost root = ( petes root tools no work. Could someone please post if/when they have a workaround. thx= )