New Soak Test

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
everyone knows the first rule of fight club!!!!!

Haha yeah the first rule of the s..ktest is don't post in public forms. The second rule see the first rule...You might want to read that email again.

Yep, checked and checked again. They must give a confidentiality notice when you agree to the terms of the test or something. If that's the case, I'll be sure not to post anything about it past this.

The confidentiality notice does not have to be repeated in the email notifications for SOAK, when you signed into the Motorola site and clicked to join the Motorola testing you were given the confidentiality notice at that time. Whether you are ever notified about SOAK or not, you are now under that blanket confidentiality notice. So, receiving the email notifying you of an impending SOAK is already protected under that prior confidentiality notice to which you agreed when you entered your email address.

silver6054

Reaction score
The confidentiality notice does not have to be repeated in the email notifications for SOAK, when you signed into the Motorola site and clicked to join the Motorola testing you were given the confidentiality notice at that time. Whether you are ever notified about SOAK or not, you are now under that blanket confidentiality notice. So, receiving the email notifying you of an impending SOAK is already protected under that prior confidentiality notice to which you agreed when you entered your email address.

And, I can't state I ever got the email referred to, but, if I did, it would probably contain, in say the third paragraph:

This is a confidential test under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So you don't need to stress out any further over this, gamingpsychotic, despite that confidentially notice, tons of people post and even give play by play information on the soak tests. I think many of us wait (in secret) hoping for others to post the latest about the soaktests. Go to the threads towards the end of June, when ICS was being soaked for the Razr. You will see that you are one of several that posted about a soaktest. Sometimes I think the manufacturers even hope it is publicly posted. I would also think that the manufacturers (motorola) would also include a reminder of the confidentiality conditions with all notices of soak tests... if they really felt it was that important... just imho!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto needs to burn in hell. The Bionic was supposed to see ICS before the D4.

OP
G

gamingpsychotic

Reaction score
Moto needs to burn in hell. The Bionic was supposed to see ICS before the D4.

My theory on this is as follows:

The Droid 4 and Razr have very similar hardware (I believe the only differences are the screens, batteries, and one having a physical keyboard, but I could be wrong on this). I think that Razr got ICS rushed out the door as it sold so well and there was so much pressure to get ICS on it after all the waiting. Thus, all the reported bugs in Razr ICS. Now last I heard, Razr is supposed to be getting a patch this month to fix some of these bugs, and if that's the case, then a soak test for the Droid 4 right now makes it seem like it may be getting the updated ICS that the Razr will be getting in this new patch. I'm betting the only reason that the Droid 4 is (possibly) getting ICS before the Bionic is that it just didn't need many changes from the Razr version.

That said, it really is a shame to see how long it's taking Moto to get ICS out to the Bionic, but at the very least, they aren't just leaving it behind like Droid 3 users (and many others).

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
My theory on this is as follows:

The Droid 4 and Razr have very similar hardware (I believe the only differences are the screens, batteries, and one having a physical keyboard, but I could be wrong on this). I think that Razr got ICS rushed out the door as it sold so well and there was so much pressure to get ICS on it after all the waiting. Thus, all the reported bugs in Razr ICS. Now last I heard, Razr is supposed to be getting a patch this month to fix some of these bugs, and if that's the case, then a soak test for the Droid 4 right now makes it seem like it may be getting the updated ICS that the Razr will be getting in this new patch. I'm betting the only reason that the Droid 4 is (possibly) getting ICS before the Bionic is that it just didn't need many changes from the Razr version.

That said, it really is a shame to see how long it's taking Moto to get ICS out to the Bionic, but at the very least, they aren't just leaving it behind like Droid 3 users (and many others).

Theory would make sense, except for the fact that the Bionic's hardware is ALSO pretty much identical to the RAZR/D4 and the latest ICS leak proves it is ready to go. The D4 is actually MORE different from the RAZR than the Bionic is (considering they have to add keyboard support for the D4). All of the devices in question are OMAP4430's with 1GB of RAM.

The big issue is, Motorola KEEPS on lying to Bionic owners and isn't letting up with the lies. It's nothing but broken promises when it comes to our phone. My theory is that the delay is INTENTIONAL, to get them out of having to support Jellybean on the Bionic as well.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You have to sign-up at motorola. Start here: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775 and it's somewhere in there. Been so long ago that I joined I don't remember the exact process. Also no talking about leaks, rooting or other hacks there.

Read this by the forum manager: posted August 1, 2012 by Matt (Forums Manager)
UberXprt.png
Macmuchmore said:
Matt (Forums Manager) said:
While you are all waiting, I hope you have also checked into your profiles and made sure your Droid 4s and you are registered and opted-in for the Motorola Feedback Network.
smiley-cool.gif

I logged into my profile, but I cannot see where to do this. Could you provide some specific directions? Thanks!
If you click on your own username when logged in, it will open your profile. Right at the top, under "Tips" there are instructions and links (in red and bolded type) to guide you.

nateohio

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Theory would make sense, except for the fact that the Bionic's hardware is ALSO pretty much identical to the RAZR/D4 and the latest ICS leak proves it is ready to go. The D4 is actually MORE different from the RAZR than the Bionic is (considering they have to add keyboard support for the D4). All of the devices in question are OMAP4430's with 1GB of RAM.

The big issue is, Motorola KEEPS on lying to Bionic owners and isn't letting up with the lies. It's nothing but broken promises when it comes to our phone. My theory is that the delay is INTENTIONAL, to get them out of having to support Jellybean on the Bionic as well.

Seriously? That's just ridiculous.

Caesars

Reaction score
I don't think anyone actually believes the bionic was going to get JB anyway.

Googorola MAXX

cdipier2

Reaction score
I hope ICS is going to be as stable as GB is on this phone. I love this phone but hopefully battery life will be a bit better

audinutt

Reaction score
I got the soak test email, if anyone wants to give me instructions on what to do to grab if from my cache I will do it once the download begins...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I got the soak test email, if anyone wants to give me instructions on what to do to grab if from my cache I will do it once the download begins...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

You'll need to be rooted and after the download, before it installs, you'll need to use a root file browser (like Root Explorer) and copy the files from /cache to your /sdcard. Copy both the .zip and the .crc file.

FYI...getting the email does not guarantee you will get the OTA. They poll for a large number of users, take all that reply "yes" and randomly pick whatever number they want to test with (1,000, 2,000, etc..) and those get the OTA pushed to them.

That being said...every SOAK test I've been asked to participate in, I've gotten.

Reaction score
I got the email too but i'm worried about signing up because of the possibility of things not going well