New soak test

jojoferari

Reaction score
I'm noticing large performance improvements, but my battery is draining at double time...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

DmdStar

Reaction score
I'm noticing large performance improvements, but my battery is draining at double time...

Can't say I'm experiencing bad battery... in fact it appears to be better on mine. And after using it a bit, I can safely say performance is hugely improved from .608.

I kept my phone, screen on, playing music and GPS with Google Navigator, for a 2 hour car ride, off-charger, and battery was only at 60% when I was done.

Now, someone just needs to figure out how to root this sucker, or I'll get withdrawal. :)

nailbomb3

Reaction score
Tag for sbf outcomes. The .608 sbf didn't prevent sbf'ing back to Froyo (in fact I think I was one of the first people to test on Rootz) but someone else can be the guinea pig this time xD

silver6054

Reaction score
Tag for sbf outcomes. The .608 sbf didn't prevent sbf'ing back to Froyo (in fact I think I was one of the first people to test on Rootz) but someone else can be the guinea pig this time xD

Right, .608 (and the "pre-releases" .606 and .607) didn't have any issue but there were no negative reports. Here we have the experience of the recent Droid X update, where it is pretty clear that several people have really bricked their phones by attempting this. So, this would be being a guinea pig expecting a negative outcome! I am for letting the X community be our guinea pigs!

There is now an SBF file for the X (which doesn't help for going back to previous versions and for getting root, but gives some safety), we don't even have that yet.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just curious soak testers....did the update fix the problem where the keyboard and soft keys did not light up in the dark? Got a razr maxx yesterday and gave my d2g to my wife (her decision, still happily married). I was already used to pushing power button repeatedly to get it to work, but I see her getting upset with this gingerbread bug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'd still say this is a problem with an individual handset, not the firmware.

I never ever experienced it.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Just curious soak testers....did the update fix the problem where the keyboard and soft keys did not light up in the dark? Got a razr maxx yesterday and gave my d2g to my wife (her decision, still happily married). I was already used to pushing power button repeatedly to get it to work, but I see her getting upset with this gingerbread bug.

Only time I've had problems with keyboard lights is with custom roms

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the update and retained root?

silver6054

Reaction score

Some people have reported that this is still happening.

silver6054

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the update and retained root?

Since I didn't think at all far ahead, I had SBF'd just before the update to make sure I could install it, so I didn't have root. From what I can see on the X forums, some people say they retained root (via OTA Rootkeeper etc) but others have found that while existing root apps keep root abilities, new apps cannot gain root. So not full root even in that case, but enough for many purposes.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
...and none of the currently available root methods work on this update?

silver6054

Reaction score
...and none of the currently available root methods work on this update?

I tried the Droid 4 root and Pete's and one other that I forget. All failed in the same way reported on the Droid X forums (read-only file system errors in most cases)

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of, need Dan Rosenberg to take a look at these new Moto firmwares, I'm sure he can find a way in.

FatJim

Reaction score

Yes. And they actually go off when docked.