Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Se7enLC, Jun 10, 2010.
Is this method for clock throttling superior to SetCPU in some way?
I believe it uses a lot less resources and it's free. There may be others, but those are my main two points of interest.
I'm glad to see my backend scrippt is being used on other than Pl3x Rom and UDNE
If you type "setmin min", each boot will involve a lookup of the minimum frequency supported by the kernel. So if you had used "setmin min" and switched from a 250Mhz minimum kernel to a 125Mhz minimum kernel, your minimum speed will now be 125Mhz.
Nope, you don't need to do anything else. Running setmin, setmax, and setgov always apply immediately and save your selection to be applied automatically with every boot.
'scuse me? This is *my* script.
Or did you mean install-recovery.sh? Using that as a general startup script was Pete's doing - I'm just removing his cpu frequency settings and adding in my own.
Nope, I meant "my script", as in I am the original author that would love to jump on the "I want credit where credit is due" since everyone else is.
Original author of what?
I wrote the setspeed script for my rom, then I shared it with Blackdroid. Now you have it here 2 weeks later as your own work. I wrote it.
I think you might be mistaken, I wrote this from scratch myself - ironically about 2 weeks ago. Open up the text file in the first post and take a look, I'm willing to bet they look nothing alike. Perhaps your script just has the same name?
Ah, indeed, I was mistaken. *jumps off bus* looking at your script I can see they have the same function, but implemented differently. Definitely ironic. GMTA
Your script is overall better for terminal usage. Mine was built having a GUI in mind. You should look at my script found in the Pl3x update.zip (see my sig). There is something in mine dealing with the remount of /system that you might like to use.
Yep, GMTA indeed. I just downloaded your rom to see for myself - remarkably similar, at the lower level, at least. Not that storing a value into a file and re-applying it on boot is really something either of us can claim as our own original idea
Your script is much more to-the-point than mine. I went overboard trying to add features like the self-installer, the symlink calls, and that messy business of converting Khz to Mhz and back again. I'll be impressed if anybody could kang my script and even pretend that they wrote that mess of regular expressions