New SEEDER App Claims To Boost Performance On Any Android Phone By Eliminating Lag!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should give it a try on your current devices. Seemed to help my Gnex. Also, imoseyon has a patch for this in his latest lean kernel, 5.5. Hopefully soon, this will be included in ROMs

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Could you link me to the patch in his source by chance?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nm. It appears he hasn't pushed them yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Natey2

Reaction score
Re: New SEEDER App Claims To Boost Performance On Any Android Phone

Lag has many causes, not just from accessing the entropy pool.
I've detailed lags caused by resource leaks causing low memory conditions resulting in excessive garbage collection in a number of postings in this (long) thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126479

I don't see how this app can help the lag in those situations.
Only a reboot will help, until it happens again.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk 2

Captmilk

Reaction score
If you try this out and like it you should buy it from the play store. I haven't noticed much of a difference since installing it on my MAXX HD

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
i looked up different info on this, it's a placebo effect
it makes everything use /dev/urandom as the entropy pool instead of /dev/random since /dev/urandom has more room than /dev/random
problem is, just about everything you normally use already calls /dev/urandom so that part of the app does nothing
any speedup is from the app process running every second or so making the cpu always be at a higher speed

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Put it on my S3 running 4.1.2 AOKP and didn't really see any difference. I'm going to put it on my DroidX and my wife's old Thunderbolt and her current GNex and see what happens.

Krennel

Reaction score
Just installed this on my wifes Incredible 2, and it seems to work pretty well. Her Facebook and Messaging apps both open much more quickly, and there is a bit less lag in transitions from app to app.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Seems a little quicker on my D3. As for it running the cpu higher all the time, not seeing that when watching the cpu speeds, they fluctuate as usual, and stay on the low end when just watching.

Sent from Democles Base.

Javaknight

Reaction score
Thunderbolt seems to be a bit faster but won't know until I play with it for a few days

52brandon

Reaction score
i looked up different info on this, it's a placebo effect
it makes everything use /dev/urandom as the entropy pool instead of /dev/random since /dev/urandom has more room than /dev/random
problem is, just about everything you normally use already calls /dev/urandom so that part of the app does nothing
any speedup is from the app process running every second or so making the cpu always be at a higher speed
my experience with it on my GNEX. No difference. Positive or negative

Iuvussac

Reaction score
Definitely placebo effect. All android phones would be using this to begin with if it actually did any good.