Anyone have any input on this??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
never heard of it, but i do recommend invisible shield by Zagg.

brendanstl

Reaction score
Motorola might recommend no screen protector but i'm puting one on. I am nery careful with my phones and I've been sporting mine without, I was wiping the screen off today and noticed a scratch that is about a half an inch long and it wont come off. I'd recommend getting one to anyone who owns a droid.

R

racklefratz

Motorola might recommend no screen protector but i'm puting one on. I am nery careful with my phones and I've been sporting mine without, I was wiping the screen off today and noticed a scratch that is about a half an inch long and it wont come off. I'd recommend getting one to anyone who owns a droid.

Screen protectors reduce screen sensitivity, which is what you don't want with a touchscreen. Keeping the phone in a case that protects the entire device until you want to use it is the most effective solution to everything, all things considered.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I have an invisible shield on mine and have lost no sensativity.

Not using a screen protector is simply ludacris IMHO

ddelorme

Reaction score
Heck, I'm keeping the factory protector on mine until I can get the Invisi Shield at best buy.

I can't imagine NOT having some protection for it.

Dan

R

racklefratz

Heck, I'm keeping the factory protector on mine until I can get the Invisi Shield at best buy.

I can't imagine NOT having some protection for it.

Dan

Well, we have differing views of what constitutes taking care of our stuff.

With my phone in its case, the screen is protected. When I'm holding it and using it out of the case, I can't even remotely conceive how the (glass) screen is in any danger.

On screen sensitivity, VZW threw in some screen protectors with our phones as a gesture of ill-informed good will, and my wife, in a fit of irrational exuberance, put one of those ugly bubbly things on her Droid, and we both noticed increased sensitivity with her screen when she finally removed it.

Need for a screen protector is a non-issue far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddelorme

Reaction score
Differing Views on a web forum...imagine that:).

You using a holster type product for your belt?

I started carrying mine in my shirt pocket, and will probably switch off/on to the pants pocket. I'm concerned about some of the other things i carry rubbing against it...no matter how careful I am.
I liked the look of the InvisiShield, so I'm going to try it out.

R

racklefratz

Differing Views on a web forum...imagine that:).

Yep - that's what makes a horse race, right? ;)

You using a holster type product for your belt?
Yeah, sort of. Don't tend to be a belt wearer, levis most of the time, but we bought a couple of these for our Droids and like 'em really well.

Verizon Motorola Droid Black Diplomat Leather Case : (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.

I started carrying mine in my shirt pocket, and will probably switch off/on to the pants pocket. I'm concerned about some of the other things i carry rubbing against it...no matter how careful I am.
I liked the look of the InvisiShield, so I'm going to try it out.
IMO, report of screen damage we read about are directly related to people carrying their phones in purses and pockets along with sharp metallic stuff like car keys. Doing that also invites contamination from dirt, dust, etc. Bad plan. We're starting to see some reports of dust under the screen now, as well. I don't need any of that.

Cases that expose the screen like the Body Glove VZW carries don't cut it either, even WITH a screen protector. Scraping the phone on a door jamb or similar in one of those will do it in, even if a screen protector is installed. A full enclosure case is the only way I'll ever do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddelorme

Reaction score
The leather case just ain't my style.
The sharp metallic objects is exactly what I'm worried about.
The InvisiShield looks like it will help with that and the dust issue.
If it doesn't I may have to revert to a case for when not in use.

Utzz

Reaction score
Since when have metallic objects scratched glass?

ddelorme

Reaction score
Since when have metallic objects scratched glass?

Seriously?

racklefratz ---Did ya see the ad for the invisShield at the bottom(edit...now above)of this thread. the video that had on their website is what makes me really want to try it.