New Sapphire User Here...Couple of Quick Questions.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is the first custom ROM I have had on my phone for more than an hour. Usually I just run the OEM ROMs and strip them down to my liking. I am loving this Sapphire ROM so far.

Two things...
Is there a fix for the ##PROGRAM menu yet? I was following a fix for the Chevy ROM but it did not seem to work on Sapphire.

Before I tried Sapphire I was running this 2.2 ROM http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...frf84b-clean-untouched-virgin.html#post594410 . I tried to use just the Kernel posted in that post but Sapphire always freezes when I try it. I like the stock developer kernel. It runs a bit cooler and 800MHz is enough for me and it just seems a bit smoother. SDCard reads feel a bit quicker and such...Would anyone know how to get that kernel to work on the Sapphire ROM? I know about SetCPU and just running it at 800MHz but the overall feel of ROM feels smoother with the kernel I am trying to run.

Thanks and thank you very much for this nice clean ROM. So far those are my only two issues with it which are not that major at all.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is the first custom ROM I have had on my phone for more than an hour. Usually I just run the OEM ROMs and strip them down to my liking. I am loving this Sapphire ROM so far.

Two things...
Is there a fix for the ##PROGRAM menu yet? I was following a fix for the Chevy ROM but it did not seem to work on Sapphire.

Before I tried Sapphire I was running this 2.2 ROM http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...frf84b-clean-untouched-virgin.html#post594410 . I tried to use just the Kernel posted in that post but Sapphire always freezes when I try it. I like the stock developer kernel. It runs a bit cooler and 800MHz is enough for me and it just seems a bit smoother. SDCard reads feel a bit quicker and such...Would anyone know how to get that kernel to work on the Sapphire ROM? I know about SetCPU and just running it at 800MHz but the overall feel of ROM feels smoother with the kernel I am trying to run.

Thanks and thank you very much for this nice clean ROM. So far those are my only two issues with it which are not that major at all.

Hello! Glad to hear you're liking sapphire :D

For #1, there isn't a fix as of yet. It's an issue with the APK that provides ##PROGRAM and the APK for the phone not being signed properly, but I haven't gotten a fix out. They need to be signed with the same "shared" key so far as i can tell (mere speculation, but that appears to be the issue)

For #2, sapphire only supports P3Droid's kernels that you can find HERE. The reason some don't work is that there were changes to some of the firmware files, and needless to say unless the other kernel developers begin including these kernel-specific files in their updates (which I don't believe any of them do), then those kernels will likely not run on Sapphire, as the files will be inconsistent and thus cause crashes. Sad but that's just how it is. I can't really do much about it sadly.

I would suggest trying the 800mhz kernel provided by p3droid for sapphire. You should be able to find it on the page I provided.

Hope that helps :)

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Two things...

Hello! Glad to hear you're liking sapphire :D

For #1, there isn't a fix as of yet. It's an issue with the APK that provides ##PROGRAM and the APK for the phone not being signed properly, but I haven't gotten a fix out. They need to be signed with the same "shared" key so far as i can tell (mere speculation, but that appears to be the issue)

For #2, sapphire only supports P3Droid's kernels that you can find HERE. The reason some don't work is that there were changes to some of the firmware files, and needless to say unless the other kernel developers begin including these kernel-specific files in their updates (which I don't believe any of them do), then those kernels will likely not run on Sapphire, as the files will be inconsistent and thus cause crashes. Sad but that's just how it is. I can't really do much about it sadly.

I would suggest trying the 800mhz kernel provided by p3droid for sapphire. You should be able to find it on the page I provided.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for all the info and a great ROM.