New Samsung customer

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Hello everyone i just got the s4 yesterday in place of my droid razr maxx....Is there anything that i need to know...or cool things that you all have found. Please fill me in everyone.

Tahirih81

Reaction score
Samsung phones come with a built in Task Manager, so no need to download any 3rd party task killers. Just press and hold your HOME button> press TASK MANAGER, and it'll show all your active apps and give you an option to end them. There is also a RAM manager on this menu. Hit CLEAR MEMORY to stop apps and inactive processes in the background.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Samsung phones come with a built in Task Manager, so no need to download any 3rd party task killers. Just press and hold your HOME button> press TASK MANAGER, and it'll show all your active apps and give you an option to end them. There is also a RAM manager on this menu. Hit CLEAR MEMORY to stop apps and inactive processes in the background.

Thank you is there anything else

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can take a screen shot by holding Power+Home simultaneously.

You boot into recovery by holding Vol Up+Power+Home simultaneously (power off first).

NickNacNo

Reaction score
I don't really have any specific tips but I can say that I moved from a Droid Razr to my S4 about two months ago and haven't looked back. Feel free to add as many widgets and homescreens as you need to your S4. I have six pages full of widgets (overboard? heck yes!) which I could never have done on my Razr. It would lag like crazy with a minimal amount of widgets, but I haven't even had so much as a hiccup on my new phone.

Another cool feature is the infrared sensor on the top of the phone. You can use it to control your TV, cable, and entertainment center plus there is some apps out there that utilize it that can be some fun.

I also continuously had problems using Google Now on the razr, which we all patiently waited for release in Android 4.1. No worries with the S4, it's glorious.

I really enjoyed the Droid for the 2 years I had it but overall, the S4 is just a much more powerful device and all the systems/apps work together flawlessly.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I don't really have any specific tips but I can say that I moved from a Droid Razr to my S4 about two months ago and haven't looked back. Feel free to add as many widgets and homescreens as you need to your S4. I have six pages full of widgets (overboard? heck yes!) which I could never have done on my Razr. It would lag like crazy with a minimal amount of widgets, but I haven't even had so much as a hiccup on my new phone.

Another cool feature is the infrared sensor on the top of the phone. You can use it to control your TV, cable, and entertainment center plus there is some apps out there that utilize it that can be some fun.

I also continuously had problems using Google Now on the razr, which we all patiently waited for release in Android 4.1. No worries with the S4, it's glorious.

I really enjoyed the Droid for the 2 years I had it but overall, the S4 is just a much more powerful device and all the systems/apps work together flawlessly.

Thank you for the great reply ...A guy I work with was saying that he used it to change the channel on a TV in Applebee's

Homage

Reaction score
Thank you for the great reply ...A guy I work with was saying that he used it to change the channel on a TV in Applebee's

I've been tempted to do that with my s4 at the bar or other restrooms. It's always good when you have the power of any TV remote in your hand.

Homage

Reaction score
FYI. I met restaurants. But yes I have tested it and most places have satellite and with out knowing which one it just messes up the TV. And they don't like when it happens.

bbtkd

Reaction score

Android task killers are both unnecessary and harmful. Android automatically frees memory as needed, and blindly killing processes can lead to problems.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Watch all the videos posted at the top of this forum. They're pretty amazing and cover tons of tips.