New RUU Leaks For HTC Thunderbolt – Fixes GPS, Audio Recording And LTE Hand-Off

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm that it has resolved the Audio recording of video's, GPS lock-on, and the 4g to 3g switching?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm that it has resolved the Audio recording of video's, GPS lock-on, and the 4g to 3g switching?
I can confirm GPS lock on. Will test 4g/3g switcher later today.

droidFreak190

Reaction score
gps seems to be locking a lot faster....other then that so far so good...but i don't understand the point of this update...why wouldn't they just include this with the 2.3.3 update?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ok I have been out and about and can verify the navigation works perfectly. Also have no issues with 4g or 3g. This is definitely worth doing.

Unless you want to wait for the official ota, but there is no way to know when that will come.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Was tester for this. ;) Was kind of scared to flash it last night when jcase said new radio.

Battery life is improved. < to whoever asked.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

Beardface

Reaction score
Ok I have been out and about and can verify the navigation works perfectly. Also have no issues with 4g or 3g. This is definitely worth doing.

Unless you want to wait for the official ota, but there is no way to know when that will come.
Yeah... I'm going to give it a week or so to 1, see if there are any rumblings about an ETA on a leaked OTA that we can load as update.zip and 2, see if you beta-men encounter any serious problems in the coming days.

I'd just rather not root. At least not for now. The stock kernal is slightly better than what I ran at the end with my Droid (1.00Ghz vs 1.024Ghz on stock TB) but it does it much smoother. I want to grow tired of stock before I make the jump to root.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Can't wait to get home and install the new radio.

Beardface

Reaction score
How much is the improvement? Slight or fairly noticeable?

I would think it would be a bit noticeable because of the quick handoff from Wifi/3G/4G. We don't have 4G around here, but I have noticed that my phone will randomly drop 3G and bring it back up again in certain areas when connectivity is showing at 2-3 bars. Never made sense, and I figured that was a cause.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
How much is the improvement? Slight or fairly noticeable?

I would think it would be a bit noticeable because of the quick handoff from Wifi/3G/4G. We don't have 4G around here, but I have noticed that my phone will randomly drop 3G and bring it back up again in certain areas when connectivity is showing at 2-3 bars. Never made sense, and I figured that was a cause.

A bit better. About an extra hour for me.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Gps lock is still taking forever.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This did not fix my Gps lock. It's been almost ten minutes.

1android

Reaction score
again, I'm new to the root
Is this download supposed to take a while to finish like mine is?

how do I uncheck my fast boot? where is that?

and just to be sure I'm doing it right, I download from my computer not straight from the phone correct?

MrKleen

Reaction score
This did not fix my Gps lock. It's been almost ten minutes.

Wow something is wrong cause the difference for me is very noticeable. My Gps and navigation has never worked this well on my T-Bolt. I wonder what is going on for you.

What about anyone else?