1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Rooter on BB1.0 Have some questions :)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by chomorro, May 13, 2010.

1. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Took the dive and rooted my phone after reading tons of stuff on these forums, took about ten minutes following instructions and it was super easy. Went from stock 2.1 to bb1.0

OK so now im rooted im BB1.0, first question.

I read some posts about apps auto installing and updating, is this true or should i go ahead and reinstall them?

If i do reinstall all the apps, i used nandroid advanced back up before the root, and also astro file manager app backup, should i use any of these to restore apps or just fresh install each one?

I had swype installed and i was going to install astro to reinstall it if i still have it. Is root explorer worth getting if i just need simple file management?

I had tons more questions but i cant remember them, too busy messing with the phone dancedroid

Im super excited about customizing, already have a tiny list of root only apps i want to try out. This bb1.0 is fasttttt, and i love the no ads feature.

What are some essential root apps to get asap? I just dled quick boot, about to get terminal emulator.

Thanks for the Help :icon_eek:
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. killabyte

killabyte New Member

It will autosync your contacts from your gmail account once you sign in. I really dont see the point in using an app to back up your apps. All you have to do is open the market and go to settings and then downloads. All you need will be right there. It's really a good idea to do clean installs anyway.

Astro is fine for simple file management. If you know what you're doing you can use it to do the same things that root manager will do for you.
  3. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I do a nandroid backup and use Titanium. I can re-install all my programs and data with the touch of a button. Or I can re-install them one at a time to pick and choose which ones I want.

But the nice thing is I NEVER forget a program I had when I do a clean wipe....and I've been doing them often lately.
  4. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Actually in market under downloads it only shows my paid apps, but I have a list of all my free ones via app list. So I can just re download them. I think I'm going to use titanium as well read good things about that.
  5. Juggalotus

Juggalotus New Member

Yup Yup Titanium Is Da bizness...Do you use it to backup mms, sms, call logs etc as well? Right now im using Titanium for backups of Apps/data and mybackup pro for daily backups of all da other shtuff
  6. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

+1 for the titanium/mybackup pro combo, let titanium do a periodic sytem wide backup and keep mybackup pro savin daily call logs and messages. Money well spent for root users

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Excellent, i will be getting that asap.

Anyone have the apk for swype, i cant get it working anymore. Pops up with a trial version has ended even though i have been using it forever. I redownloaded the beta from the invite sent by them but still no go. I remember seeing something about this though, time to search.

EDIT: Found a black keyboard swype apk on these forums that works perfect, all though dont know how well it will work during the day time lol. Anyone have the stock alarm app apk? I need an alarm clock just realized bb1.0 doesnt have one.....
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  8. Jaycea22

Jaycea22 New Member

Chmorro - I read on a separate website (forget what site) that SWYPE is no longer working for anyone. The people were saying there were getting messages stating that the trial version was over.

Wasn't SWYPE only in beta version? We may need to wait until it gets officially released.
  9. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Yeah, the board is being scrubbed of Swype links, since the Dev has closed the beta. It's now no longer kosher to post links to Swype on DF. The app still works fine, but the Dev doesnt want it distributed, so we're respecting his wishes.
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  10. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

the beta isnt over it still works fine there is a bug on droid though where you have to turn the swype off and back on the clear a message the devs say you should not be getting
  11. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

Just go into apps and select Clock. You can set alarms from there.
  12. Jaycea22

Jaycea22 New Member

my bad on giving wrong information. I myself am a new droid root user. I was having a hard time using MM and getting use to everything, I finally was able to put a NY Mets logo on my helix and change the battery icon to a white round indicator. BB is super fast and stable and I am loving it.

Currently I am using helix launcher 2, overclocked at 800-1100, smoked glass theme and running setcpu to monitor and set profiles.

this was a good thread for a beginner like me. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/11102-all-one-popular-threads-read-before-posting.html
  13. chomorro

chomorro New Member

The black version i downloaded off these forums works fine. But good to know you gave to turn it on and off to get rid of the message. Hopefully this one will work for a long time.
Search tags for this page

bb1.0