New rooter and custom ROM installer

shonalex

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have had the Droid X since Dec 2010 and I'm kicking myself for not rooting it earlier. As for my next phone, that's going to be the first thing I do.

I rooted my phone because I was tired of the thing being so laggy and all the BLOAT that Verizon puts on it. Best move I have made. Over the last week I have tried MIUI (Gingerbread and ICS) Cyanogenmod (GB and ICS), SteelDroid version 4.0, and some others...

Looking forward to trying more. I will use my phone as a test dummy for anyone that wants me to. I did brick my phone at one point (stuck at the M) and re-SBF'd it and got it back so I'm comfortable with trying anything.

Just reply to this thread and I will do whatever. Let me know!

TiggerGrrr

Reaction score
Man your bringing back some painful memories. I messed my DX up a bunch. Then just left alone and enjoyed it. Then 2 OTA's went buy me! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard!

OP
S

shonalex

Reaction score
I have learned a lot after messing that thing up several times. I'm very comfortable with it now. Just takes a lot of time and forum browsing to fix it. The phone is so old, though, that there have been a lot of people that have already had the same problems I have. So for me to fix it it wasn't so bad. Just time consuming.:angry:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I learned everything the same way, reading and fixing problems lol. Thank goodness for the internet!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The best way to learn about tech is to break it and dive right in. ;) welcome aboard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

TiggerGrrr

Reaction score
Thats the way I do it Cliff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2