New roms wont flash into recovery to switch

Jtaylor

Reaction score
Im currently running Simply Stunning v4.3 on my moto droid. Ive tried to update my kernel to a 1.25ghz but everytime i go to to reboot from rom manager, the phone shuts off, then turns back on to the motorola symbol/ shuts off after a minute then reboots to where i started. this also happens when i try to switch to new roms, Any suggestions??/

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hold X, power up phone, do you go to recovery?

If sp flash a different kernal then reboot.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flash SPRecovery using rom manager and reflash Clockwork.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Every time I see this reply (which works) I'm reminded of a joke that came out due to folks being asked "have you rebooted?" when they had Windows issues. It went along the line of Bill Gates had purchased a new home but the the toilets didn't work always work right. He called the builder to complain and was asked if he had gone out to the street and shut the water off and back on. :icon_eek:

I'm just saying that if its a known issue, it should get fixed. Not sure what causes the need for clockwork to be reinstalled but something is going on to cause that need. I'd suggest writing to the developer. You paid for the app after all.

I'd say the kernel you are trying to run also may be too fast for your phone, but you also can't flash other roms either, which would come with a slower clockspeed.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jtaylor

Reaction score
Alright that did the trick!! Thanks a lot guys!!