New [ROM] For the DroidX "bOOstedICS Build 2"

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
b00sted[SUP]ICS[/SUP]build[SUP]2[/SUP]

It is nice to see continued development on older devices. The DroidX has seen its share of ports thanks to X13thAngelX and others, but there isn't as much original development going on in the DX community these days. Developer BMc08GT" along with TeamShadow has put together a great looking Rom!

This Rom is based on Android ICS 4.0.4 and includes the Defy base "mostly", another interesting part of this rom is that it includes the Highjacked bootmenu to gain access to recovery (you will need to hold the volume downt button when the led light flashes blue during the power up). Some other customizations include NavBar, FM radio, HDMI out, HD Stock bootanimation, working camera, and video camera, bluetooth working, better battery life bOOstedICS build version, unlimited stock browser tabs, updated apex launcher, added jpeg turbo, build.prop edits,

A few issues to be worked out include blackness at boot, autobrightness is flaky, hardware redering needs to be fixed for chrome and netflix to work. Other than that this is a pretty solid build worth a flash!

Via Rootzwiki

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I used it in its infancy when it was called EncounterICS and it was great Battery life was amazing. If it is on par with CM9 and AOKP, it's well worth it. I'm probably going to flash it today and give it a shot.

bhavlo

Reaction score
I have been away from the custom Rom gig for a while and I just stumbled across this post. By the sounds of it this Rom is the best Droid X ROM out there so I would like to give it a try. My problem is that the installation process listed here b00stedICS | shadow | build 2 | May 7 1346 EST - Droid X Development - RootzWiki just seems to easy. Does it matter what version I am currently on? When I put 4.5.621 on my rooted Verizon Droid X I understood that broke the ability to SBF, and that was about the point that I got away from custom ROMS.

I would appreciate it if someone would just please confirm for me that all I really need to do is do a full backup and then perform the steps according to the wiki and I will be good to go! Sorry if I don't sound trusting however I would just like a little confirmation that I didn't miss some detail somewhere.