NEW [ROM] Chameleon OS For Many Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am often asked why I continue to Root my phone and install roms when Android has evolved into such a clean OS. Even the OEM skins have really made big advancements. For the most part Touch Wiz, HTC Sense, and even MotoBlur are pretty sweet Skins. Some modders are deciding they no longer have a need to customize or add roms, because they are just happy with the Android OS experience on their device out of the box.

All of that being said there is still a great reason to Root and Rom my device. With phone hardware being what it is phones can now last even longer than the two year contract they come with. However OEMs tend to stop updating a device long before the phone has reached its true end of life. This is why I love Roms and the development community. They provide me with the latest and greatest versions of Android even when the OEMs won't. This makes my device feel fresh and new even when it is a few years old.

With all of the Roms that are available for devices like the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S III it is nice to see a new and unique Rom emerge from time to time. ChameleonOS is labeled by the developer as "An Android Rom Like No Other. The Rom is based on the latest CM source. It includes the unique ChaOS theme engine which can apply different pieces of themes in a mix-and-match style. The launcher comes pre baked with options that you would normally need to download a third party launcher for like home screen previews, folder sorting, and folder icon styles. The message app includes message bubbles and quick emoji buttons. The Framework has been completely modified around the theme engine. Every part of the theme such as messaging, phone, status bar, icons, boot animation act can be themed separately making for a totally unique customizing experience. There are many more features. Grab this rom from the source link below

Via ChaOS

Gremlin

Reaction score
Has any one tried it yet? Do you need gapps for this?