New Rom and Theme Install Help

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Godfather, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Godfather

Godfather Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to install a new ROM and a new theme, do I have to do a backup rename the rom to update.zip and then install, reboot, rename the theme to update zip and install or is there a way two do them without having to reboot and rename twice?

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    With SPR you would have to do it twice, if nothing else to rename the theme to update.zip and remove the ROM from the root of your SD

Even in CWR where you don't have to rename the .zip file it would be best to do them seperately, this way the ROM has a chance to load before applying the theme, also this will let you know (if something goes wrong) if the issue was in the ROM or in the theme

3. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +157
    If you're using SPRecovery, then yes - you have to rename the rom "update.zip", install it, then go back and do the same for the theme. It's kind of a PITA, but that's the way SP works. I gather that it's a bit less complex with Clockwork Mod Recovery - but I don't use that one, so I can't really advise you on the ins and outs of how that one works.

There's also a variation on the SP recovery scenario, involving Nandroid, but I only used it the one time, and that was awhile ago. Good luck, and hopefully a more knowledgeable person can give you a more detailed explanation of the differences between the various recovery systems.

-Mike

4. Godfather

Godfather Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys...Im using SPR so I guess that's what I have to do

5. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everytime I have tried to install the ROM and the theme together before reboot, I have received boot loops.

6. Godfather

Godfather Member

Ratings:
    +0

This is what Cereal told me to do, I've never tried it before but it looks a hell of alot easier that the way I do it now.

"What you do is hook your device up to your PC while in recovery, flash your first update.zip (ROM) then while still in recovery go into mount options and choose mount in mass storage mode.

You will then be able to go onto your SD card (on pc) change the first update.zip to ROM.zip or whatever and then change your kernel to update.zip. Unmount the sdcard and flash the update.zip

Choose reboot and you are good to go. "

7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +933
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    I don't recommend flashing a rom and theme together. Theming is always the last thing that should be done after fully setting up your device (syncing apps)

Sent from my Droid

Search tags for this page

how to install rom theme 4.1.2

theme wont install over rom