New rezound owner

stemo

Reaction score
I'm a new rezound owner and im looking for tips from the you guys and gals that have had it longer.

Any tips on apps and how to improve battery life will be much appreciated.

I also got the otter box case and will be getting the extended battery.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well I don't have any tips to share since I do not have a Rezound. Just wanted to say congrats and best of luck with it!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Welcome to the site. You made the right choice in picking the Rezound. As far as battery life just follow all the usual advice like keep the screen brightness turned down or in auto, don't turn on data unless you are actually using it. Avoid task killers and battery savers. At best their useless at worst they themselves will drain your battery. But the best advice I can give about battery life is get an extended battery. I did and I go all day with heavy data (wifi) use without a problem. If you have any other question feel free to ask. We have a great group of guys in the forum and especially in the Rezound world.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and I see that your already planning on getting the extended battery. Smart move

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats, you will love your :hail:Rezound, especially once it receives :hail:ICS, unless you are handy and can install it yourself, but since it is fresh out of the box, I am sure it is something you will not try to do, and again, congrats, enjoy, and welcome to the forums:icon_ devil:.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your screen will be the biggest battery user. The brighter the worse the battery life. Your radios will be the next heaviest. As posted above, keep them off when you don't need them. There are plenty of good toggle apps and widgets on the market to help change them more quickly and most are free.
Welcome aboard

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
So far I've set the brightness to 25% and have the radios turned off using WiFi. Is there an app to toggle between 3g and 4g?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
So far I've set the brightness to 25% and have the radios turned off using WiFi. Is there an app to toggle between 3g and 4g?

Yes, there are a few. I'm using "Notification Toggle" With this app you can set up whatever toggles you want right on the pull down menu. That way it's not taking up screen space.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
Yes, there are a few. I'm using "Notification Toggle" With this app you can set up whatever toggles you want right on the pull down menu. That way it's not taking up screen space.

I went with the notification toggle and just purchased the 2750mAh extended battery. I'm headed home to charge up the new battery.

I also have the extended battery under otterbox defender case with the back of the case left off the phone. So it's just the front and the silicone on the phone.

HowardZ

Reaction score
The HTC Thunderbolt's extended battery fits the rezound perfectly. I purchased a thunderbolt extended battery from Amazon for $10, and a standalone wall battery charger for under $5.

So I can put in the verizon extended battery with cover, and bring along the thunderbolt extended battery just in case it Is needed.

However most of the time I just use the standard battery & case as I can usually charge often.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
The HTC Thunderbolt's extended battery fits the rezound perfectly. I purchased a thunderbolt extended battery from Amazon for $10, and a standalone wall battery charger for under $5.

So I can put in the verizon extended battery with cover, and bring along the thunderbolt extended battery just in case it Is needed.

However most of the time I just use the standard battery & case as I can usually charge often.

I didnt know that. I only paid $30 at my local Verizon. They said it was half off so I had to get it lol

Snoking

Reaction score
stemo said:
I didnt know that. I only paid $30 at my local Verizon. They said it was half off so I had to get it lol

You are fine, the Rezound extended battery had more MAH compared to to the TB one. I bought a TB free standing charger for a few bucks in the net.