New Rezound ICS Build Leaked With Updated Radio

DROID11

Reaction score
Probably because it's random rebooting for some and doesn't carry all of Verizon's bloatware lol.

Didn't realize anyone had random reboots. I have never had an issue whatsoever. The bloatware is a viable point! I wish there was something we could do about all the bloat. Verizon doesn't bloat the iPhone per agreements with apple I wish other manufacturers would stiff arm companies like that.

jonpearson

Reaction score
Thx for the replies I look forward to this leak improving an already incredible phone.

HTC Rezound

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I didn't run the official leak for very long before swapping to BAMF's senseless preview rom.. but I've gotta say on this rom my battery life has been AMAZING, definitely some heat issues with video chat for long periods though =/

Captmilk

Reaction score
What are the steps to receive the OTA ICS update if you are currently running the leak, never rooted? (asking for a friend)

mikeinctown

Reaction score
OK, so in another thread I was afraid my phone was bricked... So I am trying to just load a current file and pray that something works. What I don't understand is that everything is supposed to be loaded into the "root of the SD card" What exactly is the rood of the SD card? Does that mean not in a folder? I just need to know where to place this thing on the card so that the phone will find it and attempt to fix itself. :(

HowardZ

Reaction score
OK, so in another thread I was afraid my phone was bricked... So I am trying to just load a current file and pray that something works. What I don't understand is that everything is supposed to be loaded into the "root of the SD card" What exactly is the rood of the SD card? Does that mean not in a folder? I just need to know where to place this thing on the card so that the phone will find it and attempt to fix itself. :(

yes it means not in a folder.
it means the top level - where you start to see folders.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
OK thanks, I tried that and it still would not recognize the zip file as anything. the phone is truly F'd that really sucks. :(

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Does it go in the ext card folder

In theory, yes. As the "ext_sd" is just a mount point leading to the external sd card. It should be named "PH98IMG.zip", careful for naming convention (may want to check this mikeinctown :)).

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Thanks and I'll check, though I did rename it. Left the battery in the phone overnight and now both batteries are dead on me. So I can't do anything now till the new phone comes in. Oh well. :( I'll figure this stuff out one day!

sess

Reaction score
What I did that finally worked: downloaded directly to phone, copy and pasted to /sdcard2 (using astro file browser), renamed to PH98IMG.zip, turned phone off, started bootloader, it installed some stuff then phone turned off, I didn't turn back on to bootloader so I got stuck at the white HTC screen and had to pull battery, then I (should have to begin with) turned back on to bootloader and it installed some stuff again and restarted and loaded wicked fast. And now I'm sad because I can't use Swype and have to use the jank HTC trace, my phone seems faster at somethings, slower at others and gets over 110 degrees F if I use it while is charging (videos/video games), and a few apps in the market say "not compatible with your device.". a few othr thing too.. oh well.

Last edited: