New Rezound ICS Build Leaked With Updated Radio

jjmstang

Reaction score
Ok, it finally found the PHIMG.zip file and started the upgrade process and then it said "upgrade FAIL "

Went to reboot and now I have a brick...
No lights no nothing

Was a stock and locked Rezound

Any ideas before I call and get a replacement ?

Thanks,
John

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Pull the battery and try again? Maybe it only updated your hboot and you have to force it back into hboot. Other than that I am at a loss for ideas.

graywolf

Reaction score
According to the website, and the prerooted version doesn't have the new radios. Is that true?

jjmstang

Reaction score
Extracting the contents of the PH98IMG file to the sd card and seeing if that will do anything

Tried it......still nothing

Last edited:

jrracinfan

Reaction score
According to the website, and the prerooted version doesn't have the new radios. Is that true?

That is correct but the pre-root version is flashed over the top after the new leaked RUU to be able to use the pre-rooted zip. Essentially updating the radios. So flashing the pre-root.zip alone will do nothing.

Extracting the contents of the PH98IMG file to the sd card and seeing if that will do anything

Tried it......still nothing

Sounds like it's dead, may have ended up with a bad download. Always MD5 check your downloads. I feel bad for what has happenned, although I do see VZW/HTC taking it in replacing it for you.

EDIT:
Just thought of something; Are you able to get back into HBOOT after a battery pull? If so type the whole top section off for me above where it says "Fasboot". This will give us some information as to if it updated your HBOOT and radios.

Last edited:

jrracinfan

Reaction score
I'm already rooted and unlocked, so how do I update?
First and foremost, before you do so making it clear that from what I know you won't be able to rollback to GB.

Download and MD5 check the leak.
Re-lock.
Run the PH98IMG from your external SD card to allow updating of HBOOT.
Once that is done, power off, pull battery OR if it appears frozen/hardlocked let it sit for ~ 3 mins and pull battery.
Power on to HBoot again and allow PH98IMG.zip run a second time to allow the rest of the update to take.
Factory reset.
Power up and load fully.

If you don't wish to keep stock after you have done the above:
Re-unlock(is this a word?)
HBOOT flash an AmonRA PH98IMG.zip image(I am unsure if you can fastboot flash a custom recovery with the new HBOOT)
Choose a rom or pre-rooted zip and flash with your normal wipes.

Mind you if you flash a custom recovery, HBOOT will show **Tampered** it is normal.

OH FORGOT TO MENTION MAKE SURE YOU ARE UNPLUGGED FROM ANY USB/CHARGING SOURCE AND HAVE A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY! THIS INCLUDES BEING DISCONNECTED FROM A PC/MAC!

Last edited:

graywolf

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch..
Before I make this jump, can someone confirm that the rooted version is debloated?

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Probably seeing Sense. Maybe install novalauncher?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Pm'd you a link to some status bar mods

hkwise01

Reaction score
After trying to reflash again I realized my download was a dud. I downloaded and reflashed and it works perfectly!