New Rezound ICS Build Leaked With Updated Radio

RezoundHound

Reaction score
My wife's X updated from Froyo to Gingerbread without losing anything. Why should the ICS update be any different?

RH

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the same will happen when the OTA upgrade is released.

That's stupid.

I don't believe that will be the case - typically OTAs don't wipe data. Occasionally they can mess up and a factory reset is required, but most of the time an OTA won't wipe data.

Now, if you're flashing a leaked RUU, it could, b/c the RUU's are used a lot of times for restoring from a bricked situation.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So is this the key to a full and 100% functional vanilla Android rom? I thought the hang-up was they were waiting for the official ICS leak for the kernel and some other radio stuff.

Why doesn't HTC gives us S-off? What's the point of that if they already allow root and unlocked?

orthius

Reaction score
I am using the new rom right now and it seems to be flawless. I personally did not like the interface on the nexus found it rather dull. This build seems to use far less system resources than previous builds of ics. The new radios seem to have solved the stock hotspot problem connection has not dropped off once all day. Will probably root this rom to see if wireless tether will work if it does I'll drop the paid version.

orthius

Reaction score
yes it will wipe everything but just sign back into your gooogle account youll get all of them back

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
I don't believe that will be the case - typically OTAs don't wipe data. Occasionally they can mess up and a factory reset is required, but most of the time an OTA won't wipe data.

Now, if you're flashing a leaked RUU, it could, b/c the RUU's are used a lot of times for restoring from a bricked situation.

I agree with you but it's my recollection that the data wipe is required when a major update is done. For example, from Gingerbread to ICS.

Snoking

Reaction score
So with my D1 an OTA update followed a leak by just a week or two. Will HTC leak/OTA be similar? Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with you but it's my recollection that the data wipe is required when a major update is done. For example, from Gingerbread to ICS.

I don't know if froyo to gingerbread was considered a major update but my Inc didn't lose anything when I did that update. Some on the Incredible sister site reported losing some apps but I didn't see any reports of losing everything when doing the ota.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to see everyone got on just fine without me.. I don't yet know all the details of this leak but has anyone seen a reversal from the prior OTA and the battery drain or worse radio reception?

jjmstang

Reaction score
Tried the update and no go. Didn't see the file on the sd card......says " no image "
Take the card out and plug it into the computer and there it is
Oh well guess I'll just wait for the official release

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Tried the update and no go. Didn't see the file on the sd card......says " no image "
Take the card out and plug it into the computer and there it is
Oh well guess I'll just wait for the official release

Just on a whim; Did you make sure its named PH98IMG.ZIP? Also if you ever unlocked, did you relock?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
When you guys say it wipes everything, Are we talking all music saved, ringtones, photos, etc.. or just the apps installed?

Last time I tried to hook it up to my PC it wouldn't recognize anything with the HTC software. (after upgrading to their "new" version :mad: ) I need to Dl some photos and other saved stuff, like all my SMS backups for the last 5 months.

hkwise01

Reaction score
I have a stock phone and have renamed the file and relocated it, but I am getting stuck on the hboot screen checking...ph98img.zip Any ideas?

jrracinfan

Reaction score
I have a stock phone and have renamed the file and relocated it, but I am getting stuck on the hboot screen checking...ph98img.zip Any ideas?

For how long did you leave it? May not be freezing/locking as it is checking a 600MB file.